41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Commodore made in China, anyone suggesting that 20 years ago would have been drowned in Sydney Harbour. There is no doubt in few years 70-80% of world car production is made in China. European car manufacturers just cannot compete in price.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vekara Click here to enlarge
    Commodore made in China, anyone suggesting that 20 years ago would have been drowned in Sydney Harbour. There is no doubt in few years 70-80% of world car production is made in China. European car manufacturers just cannot compete in price.
    Maybe not, but the Euros and the Japanes can both smash 'em in quality. Still like 20 years ago, Chinese cars are still crap boxes with dodgily attached wheels and a safety rating lower than a snake's belly. Being on the rough end of owning a Korean pile of crap has taught me one thing, you may end up spending $10k extra buying a vehicle of far better quality, but if you try to save that $10k by buying something cheaper, before long you will wish you had spent the extra dosh for the quality and reliability.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You speak sense chris_r, Chenese and other budget cars are made to a price, a $20k car made in China or Indonesia or even India cannot match the quality, performance and luxury of a German made car, for instance. I see that you have a classic BMW E30. Keep it.
    If you had a budget or $30k to buy a car, used or second hand, look at what options you have; Mercedes, BMW, Opel (some Holden models), Volvo, Saab and so on. The luxury car would still be on the road long after the budget car has expired, they are only designed to last 10 years and about 160,000km. Repairing them is uneconomical so the only option is to recycle it.
    I am selling my Korean made Cruze and keep the two euro cars, German made Astra Turbo and V6 Vectra made in Belgium. I will never buy a new budget car again, I cannot afford wasting so much money on a thing that in few years time is worth nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of tradespeople up here use Great Wall commercial vehicles. The brand seems very popular. At the same time, Volkswagen have entered the ute (or pickup) market with their Amarok and they seem equally as popular. Haven't seen too many Chery branded non-commercial vehicles. Wasn't there a case a couple of years ago where the roofracks on Chery wouldn't actually support any weight?

V8 Opel Insignia. Maybe we will see them introduced into V8 Supercars. Look at Volvo and Nissan.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Theo Click here to enlarge
    "It’d have to be organised through America, where they would offer us a V8 engine on an appropriate platform".

So that'd be Alpha then, right? What other "V8 appropriate platform" does GM have for cars?

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enlightening. Vehicle manufacturing is changing more than I ever thought possible.

Dave in South Australia.
    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    Drive Zafira 2001, and daughters Camry.
    Worked 14-1/2 Years as Qualified Automotive Partsman, in New Zealand, at GM Dealer.
    Currently live in SA. Click here to enlarge

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kovert Click here to enlarge
    A lot of tradespeople up here use Great Wall commercial vehicles. The brand seems very popular. At the same time, Volkswagen have entered the ute (or pickup) market with their Amarok and they seem equally as popular. Haven't seen too many Chery branded non-commercial vehicles. Wasn't there a case a couple of years ago where the roofracks on Chery wouldn't actually support any weight?

V8 Opel Insignia. Maybe we will see them introduced into V8 Supercars. Look at Volvo and Nissan.
    Yeah! remember the times when Team Rosberg was driving a V6 Turbo Calibra in DTM...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... a commodore made in china... love the idea... they could possible make it way better than we did thats for sure. Lol the headline... "Commodore to be made in China... Ford Falcon now can compete with build quality in a fairer market place"
    Antony

Vauxhall Astra GTE
    Opel Kadett GSi
    Vauxhall Cavalier SRi

Thread Information