Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    Bad fuel can be had at any grade, usually bad fuel occurs when you fill up soon after the tank has been filled as sediments at the bottom of the tank is stirred up or just before it's filled where your getting the crap at the bottom coming up through.
    Yes, I can confirm, had that once. I believe after lots of rain, water can also enter the tanks.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only fill 98 RON and if you want more response from the engine use octane booster additive. get rid of K&N, you gain nothing from it, quite the opposite and you risk wearing out the engine prematurely because it lets small particles through.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey does anyone know when the sri t is due for a timing belt change? was last done at 91000kms and now has 130000kms.?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Prowsey Click here to enlarge
    hey does anyone know when the sri t is due for a timing belt change? was last done at 91000kms and now has 130000kms.?
    They're done every 60k, yours will be due at 151k. Do the entire kit and water pump too. Autovaux is also a cheap source for the genuine parts too, was around $190 plus shipping for the kit I got yesterday from them.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    service book seems to say every 90000KMS? also has anyone removed the last muffler box and replaced it with straight pipe? was it expensive and was there any gain in sound or performance

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The exhaust pipe is carefully calculated and designed by German engineers to provide a system that is a compromise between noise and performance. The complete pipe and silencer system are designed to extract the gases out of the engine efficiently. Any unprofessional changes to the system will most likely end up in loss of power. Don't tinker with it unless you know what you are doing. I bigger pipe does not necessarily mean better performance.
    The exhaust gases flow in a pressure wave form which varies according to engine revs. Ideally a high pressure wave travelling through the pipe at each exhaust stroke provides a low pressure wake to suck the next wave out. Too large exhaust pipe may cause a standing wave thus acting as a blockage, in low revs.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^
    And all of that would be relivant, if it wasnt turbocharged.

Turbocharged bigger is better =) but only after the turbo, so dump pipe onwards.

Large exhaust = less resistance = more spool.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dunno im used to loud cars after 3 ss utes and wouldnt mind a bit off a growl from the sri i would use the same diameter pipe that opel used just delete the rear muffler.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    dunno im used to loud cars after 3 ss utes and wouldnt mind a bit off a growl from the sri i would use the same diameter pipe that opel used just delete the rear muffler.
    Put a straight pipe in middle leave rear as is
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm, neither are particularly beautiful sounding engines, in my opinion, I like German straight 6 cylinders such as BMW and mercedes, so sophisticated and clean.

Thread Information