Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was the look I had on my face too when they told me

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all AH Astra's use 5w30 full syn. As long as the oil is full syn you'll have no dramas.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try some nulon 10w 40 fast flow engine oil it's great stuff
    For parts give autovaux in uk an email or Skype it's much cheaper than oz, use 98 fuel always

@Prowsey i do have original vxr springs and shocks 40,000kms on them if interested shoot me a msg
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Id check the manual to confirm the recommended fuel. Pretty sure e10 is not suitable for an SRi-T
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Personally, I'd avoid any ethanol blended fuel in a turbo car, unless in fact you have it all set up and tuned to run something like E85. Even E10 can cause problems with the fuel systems on turbo cars.

With my old XR6T, my idiot brother ran it on E10 once and it coughed and farted something stupid afterwards. I ended up having to flush the system several times and replacing filters and plugs before it ran right again.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    With my old XR6T, my idiot brother ran it on E10 once and it coughed and farted something stupid afterwards. I ended up having to flush the system several times and replacing filters and plugs before it ran right again.
    The ethanol probably loosened the crud in your system causing it to start blocking injectors. There are plenty of XR6Ts running around on E10 (although it really isn't worth it unless you just want higher octane and are using an appropriate blend)

I wouldn't recommend using less than 95 RON. 98RON if it's been tuned. But at the same time, the car does have a knock sensor so it will protect itself - but it will probably throw a code when it does this which is probably what you're seeing, Prowsey. I don't know about the AH, but my Astra G SRi-T manual says 95RON minimum but that lower octane is 'usable' if you're not doing ridiculous speeds or towing. Of course, my car has never seen anything less than 98RON since I've owned it.. but if you're not hitting boost, 91RON will get you out of trouble without a hiccup. If you're boosting around on 91RON, expect retarded timing accompanied by an EML.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have any of you guys had your car PING really bad after getting bad fuel?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never.. but I've never had a tank of fuel that I noticed to be 'bad' either...

Highest knock sensor reading I have ever seen on my car is is 0.12mV and that is typical (0.08mv - 0.12mv) of my engine under full load at 6200rpm so I'd say it's just normal engine vibrations giving that reading.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Define bad fuel...

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bad fuel can be had at any grade, usually bad fuel occurs when you fill up soon after the tank has been filled as sediments at the bottom of the tank is stirred up or just before it's filled where your getting the crap at the bottom coming up through.

Thread Information