Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    Not if you put a can of the tyre goo like most new cars have now

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Well, there's a smart idea. Unless you get a blowout somewhere out in the sticks. Then I'd say you're royally screwed.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yup. That would be an issue

OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Well, there's a smart idea. Unless you get a blowout somewhere out in the sticks. Then I'd say you're royally screwed.
    Not really, you can always stuff the tire with grass, works really well Click here to enlarge
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a practical point of view though, the foam can't fix a torn sidewall which i assume would be more likely in low profile tyres rather than a nail. Still, worth considering. I have carted a full size spare in the back of my Vectra for 15 years, never needed to replace it on the side of the road.
    I wonder if the spare tyre is part of collision absorption system, it is between the crash bar and rear axle and seating.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I havent had a puncture in all the time iv been driving (6 years) and then had 4 in a month

OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can always use run flat tyres, but I think they weigh more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would it be worth looking into a space saver prehaps?? smaller wheel hopefully means less weight?

also how much does the AC system typically weigh?? Mines currently not running and im tossing up whether to fix the pully or take the whole thing out to reduce weight?

havnt used it in the year its been broken Click here to enlarge

also on the topic of fuel in the tank, I used to know someone with a 350Z who never filled up more than $20 at a time and was managing an extra 100kms over what the car typically averages due to the lack of weight. The issue with that though was his fuel was technically more expensive as he would pay for it on cheap days and expensive days too. so i guess it didnt really work finanically.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ac compressor weighs about 8kg, if you pull all the other parts that will be a bit more, there is the heat exchanger and plumbing.
    Z350 is a heavy car, a 20kg weight saving is not as noticeable as in a Barina. But a tank tank is about same as a small person... you would notice that.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ment the full works. Compressor, piping, core etc. It means a different sized belt but bonus is the belt is only driving the altinator, even though the compressor pully is clutched I think it would still have some sort of mass to it, even if its a gram. Doesnt mean you would notice though.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information