Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the feedback guys. I work in advertising so we are trying to come up with a campaign where you can download a particular GPS/navigation app that can detect when you are driving at or below the speed limit. For every x minutes driven at or below the speed limit, you get y amount of points, which can be used to claim z rewards (we are thinking movie tickets, free burritos, burgers etc at grill'd or GYG etc)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Filled out for ya mate

OpelAus Forum Regular Gsi_Bryce's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done!

OpelAus Participant StrickenAza34's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completed, good luck!

OpelAus Participant StrickenAza34's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nick_sixx Click here to enlarge
    Thanks so much for the feedback guys. I work in advertising so we are trying to come up with a campaign where you can download a particular GPS/navigation app that can detect when you are driving at or below the speed limit. For every x minutes driven at or below the speed limit, you get y amount of points, which can be used to claim z rewards (we are thinking movie tickets, free burritos, burgers etc at grill'd or GYG etc)
    Sounds like S Drive: S-Drive: Drive safe. Be rewarded: http://youtu.be/A8dAUA4wKBU

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StrickenAza34 Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like S Drive: S-Drive: Drive safe. Be rewarded: http://youtu.be/A8dAUA4wKBU
    Haha yep, that's the one!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completed it but there are multiple questions I feel need to be clarified for my understanding?

"it's easy for me to drink drive and not get caught" - I dont take my car if I go drinking, which only happens roughly once every year. there's no option for "i dont drink and drive"

"I enjoy speeding" - I enjoy speeding on the track which is why I take the car to willowbank raceway frequently to enjoy the thrills of the car in a safe and controlled manner, Does this question relate to "in general" or specifically on the road?

"I get embarrassed if somebody I look up to catches me hooning or speeding" - I dont hoon or speed on the street as I value the life of my passengers and of those around me. Most i ever do is accelerate without going past the limit especially when being cut off by a truck driver. there's no option for this.

it looks like i was able to leave the questions blank and submit it so its done.

to be honest something i feel should be implemented or at least trialed is Drivers Education in schools. Make it compulsory and taught by someone who is recognized by the government, or make it optional and if the student takes it they can shave hours off their learners log book or something (unsure how other states work)

to further shave hours off their log book they could take a drivers safety course to learn how to cope with situations.

and lastly I know anything i say wont be implemented because reducing every Km over, reduces every extra Dollar in the pigs pocket. I enjoy how they claim its not revenue raising by hiding a camera in the bushes where people wont even know its there until they get a fine in the mail a month later.

Ohai ther ociffer Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Older article but worth a read.
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/11828/po...venue-raising/

If you want to save lives on the road I firmly believe its done through education before they even get behind the wheel in conjunction with a less profitable mindset from our trusted friendly and ever so honest government.

/endrant
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just a little old to be able to fill out your survey, but I did look at the questions.

Quite a few are 'leading questions' - as picked up by the people who don't drink. There is also the question of whether people feel 'speeding' (driving over the posted speed limit) is the same as 'driving at excessive speed'. Given the maximum safe speed varies up and down infinitely based on a myriad of factors (visibility, surface quality, behaviour and density of other road users, capability of vehicle and driver, etc), none of which are taken into consideration by a fixed, unchanging, painted metal board with a number on it (and that number is set by some often totally brain dead rules - the pacific motorway is set by the exact same rules as the 2 lane truck routes from Mt Isa, for example...), there is virtually never an occasion where the safe limit and the legal limit would be exactly equal.

Increasing compliance with legal limits doesn't help with getting drivers to make educated choices regarding safe limits, which means more accidents in poor conditions (when the safe limit is below the legal limit). The best answer to this is driver education. There is also some evidence that raising legal limits on open road stretches is also helpful, even without an increase in education.

I also have some concerns about the app itself. I've watched the video that appeared when the Newcastle trial was done, but not tried it myself. If it is made available here I would try it, but I have reservations.

Does it work on non-Samsung android phones? (And what about iThings, for those of a 'walled garden' persuasion?)

Does it support reading arbitrary notifications, or just SMS? A lot of people use other protocols for 'text messaging' that isn't actually SMS, and if it can't cope with each individuals protocol of choice, that's a deal breaker. (Given Hangouts has followed iMessage into mixing protocols depending on the capability of the recipient, and that hangouts is Google's default SMS app now, I would expect this issue to affect most people.)

Does it allow arbitrary navigation apps, or just one? If one, where do the maps come from? Not all mapping software is created equal. I use a mixture of three different apps right now, one which gives me the road layout and places of interest, one that gives me road features and hazards (more than s.drive would ever give by itself), and one for actual navigation. I use them at different times and in different circumstances. And the latter is commonly provided by cars themselves, so is becoming increasingly unimportant as a phone feature...

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was also a bit unsure on some of the questions. Example the drink driving one, I could very easily drink and drive and not get caught as there is literally a pub at the bottom of my road, but I very rarely drink. Also the speeding one. I dont get a kick out of breaking the speed limit at 50/60kmh but I do enjoy driving fast when appropriate and in the right place.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    I was also a bit unsure on some of the questions. Example the drink driving one, I could very easily drink and drive and not get caught as there is literally a pub at the bottom of my road, but I very rarely drink. Also the speeding one. I dont get a kick out of breaking the speed limit at 50/60kmh but I do enjoy driving fast when appropriate and in the right place.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    You've answered the questions perfectly.

The survey isn't to find out who enjoys breaking the law, its to find out how people feel about hooning/reckless driving etc....forget about the implications for the most part

Thread Information