Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2004 Astra sri turbo upgrades...

Just curious to know what you's recommend as for performance upgrade.... at the moment my car is stock as a rock and wouldnt mind a bit more power. any suggestions
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    for you an eds ipf remap to start with (and then maybe a new clutch if it doesn't hold stage 1)
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without sounding stupid whats a eds ipf? i aint used to using the terms stage 1,2,3,4 or so on lol im use to old school just put a boost controller and gauge and boost it abit lol sorry for sounding dumb

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    putting on a boost controller and a gauge doesn't do anything. In simple terms , an eds ipf is a tuning device that changes settings in your ecu upping the boost, changing fuel etc... Stage 1 is just a term for a first stage of tune for which you do not have to change anything on the car as far as parts concern. A better airfilter and some new plugs would be recommended and obviously your car would have to be in tip top shape. This remap is the best bang for your hard earned and will give you instant very noticeable improvement.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dan27 Click here to enlarge
    Without sounding stupid whats a eds ipf? i aint used to using the terms stage 1,2,3,4 or so on lol im use to old school just put a boost controller and gauge and boost it abit lol sorry for sounding dumb

Im the same as you mate lol. Unfortunatley with the astra if you boost it via an EBC too much past stock it will go into limp mode. As dutchy said best bang for buck performance upgrade is getting an eds tune. stage one is around 240hp I beleive (200hp stock). progressing to stage 2,3 etc will require more supporting mods.

After a remap id suggest a turbo back exhaust, intercooler and intake mods, VXR turbo depending on your budget..
    03 Astra SRi Turbo.
    SRI-03T...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea where/how much a remap would cost? now i know i can do piggyback and so on but whats better remapping the ecu or just after market piggyback? im not really looking for supercar performance wouldnt mind getting it in the mid 14s it will be a daily driver.

and limp mode isnt any fun. having owned a vectra i had alot of experience with sensors going bad.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    check out the eds website, will give you more info on this; http://eds-motorsport.de/ As for going the piggyback route, that'll cost you much and much more.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'd personally start with handling mods then engine parts then a tune once everything is fitted.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    I'd personally start with handling mods then engine parts then a tune once everything is fitted.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    +1 these cars love to be thrown around corners. You will find that a really good handling car will be much more fun than a high powered car.
    Im looking into a group buy for a rear sway bar which is arguably the best mod for any car.
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow110 Click here to enlarge
    +1 these cars love to be thrown around corners. You will find that a really good handling car will be much more fun than a high powered car.
    Im looking into a group buy for a rear sway bar which is arguably the best mod for any car.
    This.

My recommendation would be to get sticky tires, rear sway bar, maybe front swaybar links to replace the plastic ones and new bushings for the suspension(depending on your car's mileage).

Thread Information