I'm new here, please be nice Aditi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

inlet manifold pressure in X16XE

Hi,

I have two questions for those who are familiar with this engine model And especially to those who know Car vacuum system.

about which pressure Created in the inlet manifold during full throttle is open ?
    and All vacuum Pipes, Is there any pipe His suction pressure goes up (Rising) As the rpm goes up ?
    And when There is no pressure in the inlet (close throttle) - there is no pressure in that vacuum pipe...

Thanks in advance for any help, Aditi
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the specifications for that particular engine, but most naturally aspirated engines should be relatively the same.

Under all conditions there will be vacuum in the inlet of a naturally aspirated engine, there will never be positive pressure.
    When decelerating or at idle, the vacuum inside the manifold will be at its maximum (approx 20 in Hg).
    When accelerating (Wide open throttle), the vacuum will drop to near atmospheric pressure as the throttle is open and allowing air into the inlet manifold.

Are you having issues with the car not idling correctly or having faults for lean fuel mixture?

2001 Opel Vectra B - Pioneer 12' sub, Head unit and Amplifier, 2.25 inch Cat-back system, hurricane extractors, Ram-air CAI, XHP JET Chrome 17" Wheels, Opelised, Front lip spoiler, Halo Projectors, KYB Shocks, King Springs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DWS 92 Click here to enlarge
    Are you having issues with the car not idling correctly or having faults for lean fuel mixture?
    My Wastegate has spoiled, i got a new one but its works opposite.
    the wastegate handle is open, and how much More vacuum drawing the valve its Pulling the handle and Closes the passage of gases.

I spoke whit the seller, he claims that it's works Reverse.
    As the boost goes up the vacuum Built up in the inlet manifold and with the help of vacuum pressure the wastgate Closes the handle and the boost built.
    all the Gases Pass through the turbine wheel and not by the wastegate passage.
    And when releasing the Acceleration pedal - Vacuum drops immediately and the wastegate opens the exhaust gas passage Immediately.

I am looking for the vacuum tube which can be connected to the new wastegate...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I understand how a wastegate works, however I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to explain to me.

If you are simply looking for somewhere to connect the wastegate actuator line then anywhere along the boost side of the inlet (before the throttle body) will be fine, but the closer to the turbo the better.

Sorry for the initial confusion, as far as I knew the x16xe was a normally aspirated engine.

2001 Opel Vectra B - Pioneer 12' sub, Head unit and Amplifier, 2.25 inch Cat-back system, hurricane extractors, Ram-air CAI, XHP JET Chrome 17" Wheels, Opelised, Front lip spoiler, Halo Projectors, KYB Shocks, King Springs

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    X16XEs are NA, this one's obviously been turbocharged.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, X16xe is normally aspirated, my X16 is turbocharged.

Which pressure the TDO4L original wastegate Begins to Open the gate
    and Reduces the pressure on the Turbine ? (I have the opportunity to buy one at a cheap price..)

besides that, how I can limit the pressure ?
    I need that the boost will not pass 0.7-0.8 bar (10.15 - 11.60 psi)
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im sure google would help find out what psi the actuator in a TD04 is, Whatever pressure that is (E.g. 7psi) you cant go lower than that unless you replace the spring inside with a lower psi spring.

Other than that most factory turbos will have a line coming off the compressor housing which you can either hook straight into the actuator so the wastegate only opens at a certain psi, or hook it into a boost controller (electronic, none of this "boost tee" crap) and then you can control the boost from upping the psi to having the wastegate closed up until it hits your desired boost etc.

Youtube is your friend for all things knowledgable.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little bit an work out to me,
    the handle of the wastegate not so comes easily..
    (it takes two hands to pull it out)
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm. Not too sure what you ment to say. :S

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aditi Click here to enlarge
    A little bit an work out to me,
    the handle of the wastegate not so comes easily..
    (it takes two hands to pull it out)
    if its too tight, you got too much pre-tension on it.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information