I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hail, Melbourne :)

Howdy ladies, gent's

Short time lurker and first time poster here ;D

Just recently came into possession of a 2006 AH Astra Wagon, mechanically everything is sound but she needs a little love cosmetically. The previous owner (someone I know) used it as work vehicle and it was well maintained. Until the day the bosses decided it was to be sold (company car) and sent it to be detailed before off to the panel beaters for a cut and polish (some lovely jerk had keyed from passengers door to tail-light not to long before), however the lovely owner of the detailing company claimed he knew how to cut and polish a vehicle and would do it on the cheap if they would just wait for him to order a part in. So the car was left in their possession for 7 days while they waited for the part and then gave it a "cut and polish". The car was viewed and deemed acceptable (without my knowledge as I trusted my friends eye, that turned out to be a big mistake) and I came and picked up the car for 5k. 2 days after getting it I serviced the vehicle at a friends place and afterwards it started raining, the ride home was muddy and I decided to clean it the very next day as I had nothing planned. So the next day rides around and I notice the dirt is sticking a little more then it should whilst I'm rinsing (for one day sitting at least) and with a little scrubbing I started to notice a grey material coming off and then the key marks started appearing, they had filled them all with grey filler wax. A whole clean of the vehicle realized they had used it all over every single scratch, and over every lip and edge (bonnet in particular) where the man using the buffing tool must have ground to hard and chunked out the paint leaving white cutting residue everywhere and from what I can tell left very little clear coat (very thin) on the car. Overall for 5k It was still worth the cost however Am slightly miffed about it. I am trying to see it as a blessing in disguise and a chance for me to brush up on skills though ;D Anyway. Will post some pictures of her soon. She drives lovely if slightly boring with the 4spd automatic in her (not for long if I have my way *rubs hands together gleefully*) but I love her all the same and for a First car in Australia (not my first ever seeing as I am from NZ) I am happy, so without further Howdy I am Sanitrix and you will being seeing a lot of me Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Last edited by Sanitrix; 10th August 2014 at 09:24 PM. Reason: *EDIT - Spelling and fixed a mistake earlier about paint (meant to say it had very thin clear coat left)

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate. So someone raped the wagon really well....
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome along mate! Sounds like the car has had a poor last few months then?

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    welcome to OA
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Just wanted to say cheers for the Warm welcome guys.

Thread Information