Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astra G SRi-T wheels

I have discovered since purchasing Ahyoka that the front left tire seems to have a slow puncture and so the tires that I thought might last 3,000km more are probably just going out the door ASAP. If I'm getting new tires, I'm also getting new rims as the ones on there are quite hammered from 10 years of the previous owner guttering them in the city on an apparent regular basis.Click here to enlarge

I want a nice set of rims, and I don't want to wander too far out from stock specifications. From what I understand they are 17x7.5" ET49 with a 5x110 and the stock tires are 215/40R17?

I have found a set that I like in 17x8 ET48 5x110 and was wondering if I would have any issues running a 225/40R17 tire on stock ride height. And would I start to run into any issues with a mild lowering later down the line if I wanted to go down that path?

To me it sounds like it should all check out within standard leeway, but I want to bounce it off those of you who have changed rims on an Astra G before.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    that offset should be okayish. would need to have it mounted on car and see how close it comes to front struts as it will be bloody close.
    also don't expect to be able to go full lock at they will hit on inner wheel wells.

for tyres you want to run 215 40 or 215 45 at the largest. 225 will just give issues.

IMHO stick to 7.5 wide especially if you want to be able to drive the car without scrubbing everywhere. I'm speaking from experience here.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah alright, so there really isn't much clearance room for playing on these in stock form. I know some cars you can go wider than stock and wider tires without scrubbing if you are reasonable with the offset and haven't slammed it.

This wheel shopping is actually really hard. Every time I find a set I like, it either doesn't come in anything less than 8" wide in 17" or else they don't offer them in 5x110. And if by some magic I find something that meets all those it has a weird offset that won't work.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    plenty of options in the states

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201123611826
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    OEM+

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    that offset should be okayish. would need to have it mounted on car and see how close it comes to front struts as it will be bloody close.
    also don't expect to be able to go full lock at they will hit on inner wheel wells.

for tyres you want to run 215 40 or 215 45 at the largest. 225 will just give issues.

IMHO stick to 7.5 wide especially if you want to be able to drive the car without scrubbing everywhere. I'm speaking from experience here.

So these places are quite deceptive then. They reckon the OZ Racing Alleggerita HLTs in 17x8 with 225/40R17 tire would fit. Although I see they do say those are +40 offset.

http://wheels.beaurepaires.com.au/ho..._racing/17inch

Surely they shouldn't advertise or sell something that would scrub or make contact?

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Oh it will fit but it will also scrub a tiny bit at stock height.

if you want to lower at all then you really gotta start doing the math and even have to do body modifications to make them work.

I'm contemplating rolling my front guards further out and trimming out a fair chunk of the arch lining to make mine a bit nicer to drive with.
    OEM+

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, ok well I guess that's as far as I'm going to get tonight. I'll look around some more tomorrow. Lowering the car isn't on the cards yet as it already seems to be lower than my Corsa and that just barely clears some of the driveways and parking ramps I have to navigate for work.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what you thinks of these or if they will suit.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Opel-Corsa-V...3D201123611826

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If your hard pressed I'm selling my old VXR 19s too @adam_92 has two on his SRiT because of all the flats he has been getting and said he hasn't had any issues with scrubbing. He has b8s and eibach sportlines (50/30) so may be an option not sure how much work you would need to do on the front.

Thread Information