Greetings all,

Unsure if this has been discussed recently (or at all)

I thing the issues i have with the engine are in relation to the EGR valve as after diagnosis and error codes dont show anything with the O2 sensors, but it will randomly throw an EGR code (EGR too high) and then the code dissappears as quicky as it comes up so its hard to catch.

This could be the cause for the chugging, random idle pulsing and the very lean condition of the engine.

I could go out and buy a new one possibly fixing the issue, but the idea of unmetered air re-entering the engine doesnt sit right with me.

I have seen online a place that sells a plate that bolts between the EGR valve and the head which blocks out the egr completly, however the egr remains plugged in so the ecu things its doing its job etc etc.

Has anyone essentially "deleted" the EGR valve in their car? and if so what experiances have you had?

Searching online shows only positive reviews such as smooth operation and such, with the occasional (my car threw an error code) claim.
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!