Thread: Sharing info

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sharing info

Hi, I am hoping that there are owners of 2007/08 Opel V6 OPC on these forums so we can discuss our cars and share information. I do own a Saab Turbo X 6 speed manual which has shared V6 engine and Haldex XWD drive train platform with the 2008 Opel V6 OPC, notably the OPC puts out more power than my Saab TX. Both the Opel V6 OPC and my Saab TX are unique in Australia and I hope that this forum can be a way to exchange information and keep our cars running.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately the OPC v6 didn't come to Australia in 07/08. Closest would be the 3.2 v6, not sure how similar the platforms are
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this motor from the same family as our Commodore Alloytec v6? I know some of the later Saab V6 turbo engines were built on the GM HFV6 platform.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jonno_OPC Click here to enlarge
    Is this motor from the same family as our Commodore Alloytec v6? I know some of the later Saab V6 turbo engines were built on the GM HFV6 platform.
    Saab called it the B284, Opel/Vauxhall called it the Z28NET/A28NET (Used in Vectra C OPC/VXR and Insignia) and it's also known by the LP9 RPO code. But yes, it's an export HFV6 built in Australia, with the turbocharger setup developed in Sweden by Saab.

Earlier Saab V6s were basically repackaged C25XEs.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Thread Information