Thread: Howdy

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy

Howdy folks,
    My Name is Jason and I live on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.

Joined up as I am looking at getting a '01 Astra City 5 Dr Hatch, Manual as just a runabout/work/station/pub car.
    One owner, picking it up pretty cheap, 121,000km, in great nick, Always garaged and serviced.
    The Timing Belt, Water Pump and Tensioner were all done at 84,000km, - But I will probably do them all again shortly to be on the safe side. I am hopefully getting it cheap enough that I won't mind spending $400 -$500 on some preventative maintenance and full service

Wanting to learn a little more about them, not interested in modifying for performance as such as it's just going to be an econobox for the wife to get to and from work etc and when we go out and can't take our 4WD (parking height restrictions) or need to take more than 2 people.

Being a City (and the Poverty pack), I will be doing a few small improvements once I get it so would be hoping the collective brains on here will know the answers..
    I can live with the Manual Windows (too much of a PITA to swap them to Electric , but I think I would like to at least try and retrofit the Power Mirrors from the up-spec models,

I am hoping the wiring looms are already there and all i will need is just the actual mirrors (about $100 a pair from ebay) and the door mounted switch - Once again - ebay sellers are asking $30-$75 with the arm-rest which looks different from the City model.

The other thing is I'll probably look for a set of 15" or 16" wheels - They seem to be available on ebay for not much more than a set of new 14" tyres will cost me when these are due.

The stereo sounds pretty good for what it is, but the lack of a CD Player will eventually annoy me enough to want to swap that out. From the brief look I had of the dash it looks like a fairly simple job.

Other than that - we'll just drive it and hopefully it's as reliable as our old '93 Laser that has been brilliant for the last 385,000km.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Jason.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome along mate!

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! Click here to enlarge
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to oa
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome....

Well.. have some bad news and some good news...

Didn't end up getting the Astra above as my mate's boss who was selling it was offered more by someone else so naturally he took it. We didn't have a firm agreement in place, so whilst I was kinda bummed about missing out on it, I understood why he took that offer over mine..

BUT, two days after he sold it, it's not starting now for the new owner and looks like it spat the ECU.. Soo, looks like I dodged a bullet on that one.......

Cheers
    Jason

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ouch.

Might be something simple too.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information