Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    The time and date arent set correctly on my meter. Otherwise I would have done that
    I was going to suggest this Adam but since the meter wasn't set up with the right date and time you won't be able to use it as evidence. It's a shame your friendly pharmacist didn't set the date and time on your meter (something I do when I sell one) Click here to enlarge
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah I got it from the endocrinologist whenni was last there for a checkup. Its a brand new meter (maybe a month old) its an accucheck mobile. My old meter was set up right but I hadnt bothered with this one.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good meter that.

I reckon you've got a good chance of fighting it. You can obviously prove you're a diabetic (NDSS membership/letter from your doctor), you can understand why the policeman thought that you were using a mobile phone as the mobile meter looks very similar to one, and the whole point of the Accuchek mobile is so people can do a quick BGL test on the go and not mucking around putting strips etc in.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've got a mate who is Highway Patrol. would you like me to ask him what he thinks?

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Exactly pete. I dont think it helped me that the meter actualy says mobile on the front.

Thats the reason why I tried to check them, it takes a whole 10 seconds to prick and drop the blood on, as you say, no fiiddling with opening test strips etc. I felt my bsl starting to get low (shaking hands etc) and I know I need to be 5.0 or above to drive.
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you could @mondo, that would be great! Thanks.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sending you a PM

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    The time and date arent set correctly on my meter. Otherwise I would have done that
    When you say they're not correct, do you mean they're just wrong, or they're not working at all? If they're set for 2012, then printing off the timestamp of your reading at the same time as the current time/date on your monitor should show how long ago your reading was taken. I'm assuming it's done to the second (or at least the minute)? Preferably done in the presence of you doctor (who can sign a stat dec if necessary).

Basically, the cops are so used to people who ARE using mobile phones making excuses, that they don't bother to listen - they just expect you to pay or take it to court. And as far as mobiles are concerned, I'm right with them on that. Having had to emergency brake or swerve well over a hundred times on my motorcycle to avoid "mobile-induced swerving", I reckon anyone who uses a hand-held mobile in a car should have it immediately crushed (and their hand crushed as well, if they were texting). I'd reckon phones are about 5 times more dangerous than speeding, about the equivalent of DUI.

Unsure of the possibilities in SA for having it solved before you get to court (which can be expensive, even if you are found to be not at fault), so I can't offer advice there.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world:
    those who understand binary;
    and those who don't.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be worth talking to the OIC at whatever station the issuing officer came from, take your blood meter with you and explain it all. You never know they may actually be reasonable and save the trouble of going to court over it.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Possibly. Im not even sure which station he is from. Il go check that out.

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information