Basically coming home from work out of the cbd the other night, 5.30pm and there had been an accident/breakdown in the middle of the main road, traffic was a nightmare as expected and I was sat in a long line at red traffic lights. Im type 1 diabetic and felt my blood sugars getting low so I quickly tried to check my levels with the finger pricker and monitor, just then, the copper attending the accident/breakdown walks past my car then turns back and comes to my driver side window and tells me to pull into a business entrance down the road. He then proceeded to write me a ticket for using a mobile phone even though I had argued and showed him the blood glucose meter and the drop of blood on my finger tip. He was having none of it and gave me the ticket...

My issue now is that im on 12 months good behaviour and only have 2 demerits for the 12 months. The fine is 3 demerits and $360 which means loss of licence for 6 months, which is going to really f*** my chances of getting an apprenticeship and being able to pay for a wedding next march...

I am seeking legal advice but cant get an appointment til monday so thought I'd ask the question here to see if anyone could shed some light on it and what my chances of getting off with a warning are???
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!