154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Model: 2014 Ford Transit Custom VN 290S van
    Engine: 2.2L turbo diesel CYFF/ZSD422
    Transmission: 6sp manual
    Driving style: Courier
    Driving type: City
    Fuel type: Diesel (Costco, supplied by Shell)
    KM since refill: 850km
    Litres to fill: 77.63
    Consumption figures: 9.13L/100km (trip computer said 8.9), average speed 18km/h

Can't say those figures aren't impressive in a two tonne van doing consistent stop/start city driving. Van now has about 48000kms on the clock. I'm probably filling the tank once a week nowadays, instead of twice per week with the iLoad.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Model: 2014 Holden Commodore SS-V Redline
    Engine: 6.0L L77 (OTR, extractors, exhaust and remap)
    Transmission: 6sp auto
    Driving style: Me - spirited, wife - careful... usually
    Driving type: Urban/fwy traffic
    Fuel type: Mobil/711 98
    KM since refill: 405km
    Litres to fill: 64.12L
    Consumption figures: 15.8L/100km

If you want a real laugh i should have put up the figures when i ran a tank of E85 through it the other week and the average shoots up to about 20L/100km!

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Model: 2004 Vectra CDXI
    Engine: 3.2V6
    Transmission: Auto
    Driving Style: Normal
    Driving Type: commute to work during week, short trips on weekend (eg to shops etc)
    Fuel Type: shell 91 octane
    KM's since refill: 642
    Litres to fill to first click: 53.2
    Consumption figures((Lx100)/km): 8.3 (calculated) 8.5 on trip computer
    South Oz, ZC Vectra CDXi owner

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope people don't mind my abbreviated contribution.

Model: 2004 Corsarina xC
    Engine: Z14XEP
    Transmission: Manaul
    Driving Style: Efficiency-minded
    Driving Type: City / Freeway
    Fuel Type: United E10 (95 octane)
    Consumption figures(Avg Lx100)/KM): 5.5L/100KM
    Consumption figures(Avg KM/L): 18KM

I don't bother setting up the OBD Bluetooth / Torque (Android App) too often to check this but on Friday I was doing an unusual trip (for me) and had a new phone with a larger screen so I thought, what the hell. I was interested to see my average speed on a peak time freeway trip I highly expected to have a lot of low-speed driving, if not one or more full first gear stops, on a freeway no less.

Trip was from North Fitzroy in Melbourne, down Alexandra Parade and on to the Eastern Freeway, then through the Mullum Mullum tunnel on to Eastlink and Monash Freeways. Basically the kinda ring road from inner northern Melbourne to outer South-eastern Melbourne. Trip started about 4:40PM and surprisingly I got on the Eastern, through Alexandra Pde, fairly easily. Within a kilometre or so I'd hit stagnant traffic. Surprisingly that cleared up just after Ringwood though, perhaps due to the Eastlink being a tollway? Stagnant traffic then hit me again as I merged from Eastlink on to the Monash.

Anyway, I think I probably averaged higher than 5.5L/100KM on that trip, but a late-night trip home up the Monash with no traffic gave me 5.5L/100KM despite needing the A/C on every so often to defog the windscreen.

I'm pretty happy with those figures. Did nothing major to get them other than a bit of clutching it downhill; not bothering to keep or gain speed on long constant uphill climbs; turning the A/C off whilst the screen isn't fogged; bit of slipstreaming behind trucks and SUVs where possible.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sort of loads are you tending to carry Chris, weight wise?

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Model: 2001 Astra City Hatch
    Engine: Z18XE
    Transmission: Manual
    Driving Style: Normal. Change gear between 3000 - 4000 rpm
    Driving Type: City / Freeway
    Fuel Type: Puma 95
    Consumption figures(Avg Lx100)/KM): Between 5.7 & 6.2
    Consumption figures(Avg KM/L): 16 - 17

Car has now got 290,000 klms & still drives nice & smooth.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pd-xc-72464118 Click here to enlarge
    What sort of loads are you tending to carry Chris, weight wise?
    Most of the time, I'm carrying anywhere upwards of 200-300kg worth of parcels/mail. Van just passed the 100,000kms mark last week and still running fine.

Weekend just gone, I was helping my parents move house. They live 100kms north of Adelaide. I hired a 12' x 6' enclosed furniture trailer to help with the job. I did approx 350kms with the trailer on and another 400kms in city traffic. Filled up today with 79.38L of diesel. 750kms / 79.38L = 10.584L/100km. Man, I love diesels. Reasonable pulling power for a two tonne van with "only" 92kW/350Nm and awesome economy.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does sound fairly mad @chris_r ... if only those ruddy new turbo diesel models weren't blowing shiteloads of pollutants into city streets already choking with truck and bus diesel fumes. Makes sense in trucks and buses until alternative power sources become mainstream but to have turbo diesels as a genuine short term answer to increasing requirements for economy, simply on the basis that diesel fuel has a better natural efficiency and turbos can solve the low-end (or mid range? I forget ...) power delivery deficit ... well I guess perhaps those pretenders over at VW proved it's not only highly dubious but a mirage (not the Mitsubishi type) as well.

But yeah, damn that's a lot of driving on minimal fuel carrying a sizable load. Sweet! Hopefully your rental at least had a roof-level exhaust pipe to blow the fumes above city pedestrians heads instead of in their faces like these flipping turbo diesel cars!

OpelAus Participant adclawrence's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    09/2003 Astra TS 1.8 CDX

Engine: Z18XE

Transmission: 4 speed Automatic (Aisin AF17)

Driving style: Sensible and to the natural liking of the transmission with the once or twice a day pedal to the medal through an intersection moment. Stop start in the week and expressways on the weekends.

My car behaves very differently depending on the fuel in it.

Caltex Vortex 95: Absolutely hates it. Consumption rises to ~9.0/100km, idles like shit and accelerates like an old Camira on heroin. Threatens to stall when A/C is engaged.

BP Premium 95: The preferred choice. ~8.1/100km, starts, idles and takes off fine providing the car isn't fully loaded. The slight savings and the fact I cart myself around most days makes this one the better option.

BP Premium 98: Pretty much the same but with a slightly quieter and smoother operation. Handles payload and hills with a smidge more gusto.

Liberty PremiuMax 100: ~8.3/100km Car seems to like it, acceleration is a bit more snappy in the lower range but I wouldn't call it more powerful. Fuel consumption slightly higher than the rest. Ethanol blend?

Mogas 98: ~7.8/100km. If I swing by Mogas and need to fill up this one is great. Especially if the car had garbage in it previously. Behaves very well and I feel that this offers the best economy. Never had a bad experience with it.

Caltex 91: Emissions+spanner light, rumble jolt burbrbrbrb and stall. (I shit you not, that was a horrible experience. It was a very hot day too.)

A full tank of the good stuff usually yields me 650-ish km.

Bad fuel has caused me a ton of strange and obscure problems. It puzzles me because even my mum's 09 SRI just takes any old fuel like a champ.

Thread Information