Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from Sydney

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice ride! love the colour

I just purchased a astra coupe 2005 with a turbo bodykit, looks very sporty. I didn't know what forum to join and this place looks like the place to be for ideas and concepts with these models !

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mattav Click here to enlarge
    The auto isnt as intuitive as alot of the new DSG's (but also less worry or maintenance problem and costs down the track!) There is a tune available i've inquired about specific to our car that improves shiftpoints, pausing/delays etc.. I'm not sure I want to do it while the car is in warranty but it does sound appealing, message me if you like and i'll send you the details.
    I have the new Astra 1.6 turbo as well, in sports tourer automatic. I also find the Transmission a bit laggy and not as smooth as I would like. What tune were you referring to? Is it an engine and Transmission tune or just the later?
    2013 Astra Sports Tourer. 1.6T. Auto. Phantom Grey. GlossBlack Vinyl Roof, Dark Streetlegal tints, OEM 19 wheels, LED: DRLs; H7 low beams; foglights; plate lights; interior lights, Shark fin FM aerial, Smoked side repeaters + chrome bulbs, OEM glovebox shelf, OEM sunglass holder, OEM Astra Mats, EDS phase 1 tune, Pipercross Panel Filter, Aluminium sport pedals, DBA T2 brake rotors, turbosmart BOV
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...-Sports-Tourer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks harley, love the colour too with the big 19's - I've had some nice comments on it so far.

rocky424, visit www.jrtuning.co.uk

Specifically on transmission; http://www.jrtuning.co.uk/gearbox-re...utomatic.shtml

This is the communication I got from them regarding the tune;

Gearbox software on this vehicle concentrates on smoothing out the shifts, speeding up the shifts and it also relaxes the transmission control modules torque limiters. The latter won’t make a great deal of difference unless the engine has already been remapped. If the engine has been mapped, you’re likely hitting the gearbox TCU’s torque limiters now.. In which case mapping the gearbox will release a little extra power too.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mattav:
    where abouts in the northern beaches do you live ?
    i live near manly Click here to enlarge
    just recently moved their with my gf

rocky424
    nice ride
    i don't have a turbo, it just has a turbo bodykit so its more sporty looking lol sorry about the confusion
    drives smooth and clutch just slides in place. bought it off a old school friend last night, ill post a pic when i can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey harley, like the AH's in Red with the turbo body kits. I was looking at buying a Red AH VXR at one stage, the colour really suits the car (like it does the new one I rekon) I'm up at Avalon Click here to enlarge

Thread Information