Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm new here, please be nice rujo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nigelh Click here to enlarge
    What a surprise Holden told you it was normal Click here to enlarge. Get them to re adjust the gear linkage if they won't or can't pm me and I will tell you how to do it yourself. Have you had any grinding into 2nd?
    Yes I had some grinding into 2nd a few times. I got a short shifter but that didn't make any difference. I'm not very good with the mechanical work unless it's something very simple. I'd rather get someone who knows how to do it, to make the adjustment but unfortunately Holden didn't want to do anything.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In that case best to book your car in just with that problem, that way it's more likely that a senior mechanic will have a look at your car. Might be a good idea to put the standard shifter back on first.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to sound all negative but have being down this path with holden on my astra select and they don't want to know. They arnt paid to fault find. I'm loosing coolant somewhere as I have to refill bottle every wk and they took it In and supposedly did a pressure test and said we couldn't find a leak so there isn't a problem.....yeah but it's using coolant so there is...continue to monitor it was there solution!!!!!!

Ur best bet like I have and am doing is getting a REAL mechanic to look at it, find the problem and then take to holden along with the bill for the mechanics time. The warranty is bit of a 💩. Being opel holden are only even more unwilling to look at them unfortunately

I'm new here, please be nice rujo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Will try again at the next service. Maybe even take it to a different dealer.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nigelh Click here to enlarge

Ps if you want a Wavetrac I know someone that has one for sale Click here to enlarge
    Nigel, don't suppose that Wavetrac is still for sale????

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prolecs Click here to enlarge
    Nigel, don't suppose that Wavetrac is still for sale????
    Yes it is, I've sent you a PM with the owners details. Just To make sure you know it's for a F40 gearbox that's fitted to the opc

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by warnzie Click here to enlarge
    Not to sound all negative but have being down this path with holden on my astra select and they don't want to know. They arnt paid to fault find. I'm loosing coolant somewhere as I have to refill bottle every wk and they took it In and supposedly did a pressure test and said we couldn't find a leak so there isn't a problem.....yeah but it's using coolant so there is...continue to monitor it was there solution!!!!!!

Ur best bet like I have and am doing is getting a REAL mechanic to look at it, find the problem and then take to holden along with the bill for the mechanics time. The warranty is bit of a ��. Being opel holden are only even more unwilling to look at them unfortunately
    Found stress fractures in my coolant reservoir and also found it was leaking from the cap. Holden's were more than happy to fault find after that and replace the bottle - all covered under warranty.
    I suggest you try a different dealer.

Thread Information