Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OpelAus Forum Regular corsa b combat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they tell you what oil to use as well?
    2013 Magma red Corsa OPC, stage 1 software, Dbilas flowmaster, custom 2 pod centre vent gauges.TRC front splitter 3" Dbilas exhaust Racing version,Dbilas uprated FMIC.

I'm new here, please be nice XOPCX's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I bought it today CRX 75w-90 NT

Scorpion turbo back non res
    RSS springs
    RSS cold air induction kit

OpelAus Forum Regular corsa b combat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a bit thicker that we use to use back home on my mates gearbox.we used 75w-85 which is a bit thinner and shifted smoothly.Good luck with the sump bolt as its a female dog to get loose.
    2013 Magma red Corsa OPC, stage 1 software, Dbilas flowmaster, custom 2 pod centre vent gauges.TRC front splitter 3" Dbilas exhaust Racing version,Dbilas uprated FMIC.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bahahahaha thanks. I'll see how we go Click here to enlarge

RSS springs

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wouldn't this oil void the warranty ?
    i'd let the dealer fix the thing, thats why you buy a new car

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely take it back to the dealer. Changing the oil might hide the problem but wont fix a gearbox mechanical issue, and the different oil will void the warranty on the gearbox if it does fail.
    Are Regal in Europe? Keep in mind they'll use a different oil due to different ambient temperatures which wont suit Australian conditions.

I'm new here, please be nice rujo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been on the forum for a while an just noticed this post. I have issues with mine too. Shifting from 1st to 2nd and 4th to 5th is very stiff. sometimes i get whining in 2nd and also sometimes pops out. I think it's worst at higher revs. It's very hard to accelerate quickly and may loos a second easy when shifting from 1st to 2nd. I complained to Holden at my first service but they said it's all normal. Reading UK forums a lot of people are complaining about gearbox and have similar issues. XOPCX, have you replaced the gearbox oil and is it any better after replacing/topping up the oil?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changed gearbox oil yesterday. Way much smoother now. Still whining noise but I think it may be normal. I still have three years warranty so if it ****s up it's going back. I put a total of 2.2l in and it's smooth as @rujo

RSS springs

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rujo Click here to enlarge
    I haven't been on the forum for a while an just noticed this post. I have issues with mine too. Shifting from 1st to 2nd and 4th to 5th is very stiff. sometimes i get whining in 2nd and also sometimes pops out. I think it's worst at higher revs. It's very hard to accelerate quickly and may loos a second easy when shifting from 1st to 2nd. I complained to Holden at my first service but they said it's all normal. Reading UK forums a lot of people are complaining about gearbox and have similar issues. XOPCX, have you replaced the gearbox oil and is it any better after replacing/topping up the oil?
    What a surprise Holden told you it was normal Click here to enlarge. Get them to re adjust the gear linkage if they won't or can't pm me and I will tell you how to do it yourself. Have you had any grinding into 2nd?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by XOPCX Click here to enlarge
    Yea I bought it today CRX 75w-90 NT

RSS springs
    Just make sure your diff doesn't start making a noise when turning corners, if you look at the miller website it says that oil is not recommended for the plate type LSD which the Drexler is. I'm guessing you got the info on what oil to use from Regal the thing you have to remember is that there car is fitted with a wavetrac diff now which is not a plate type LSD.
    It might be ok I know a few other people are running that oil too in the uk and haven't had any problems so far.

Ps if you want a Wavetrac I know someone that has one for sale Click here to enlarge

Thread Information