Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see the bottom nut and it's sitting about 8 threads from bottom...from my research it should be 6 or 10mm from bottom..mine definetely more than that so A: I adjust it myself and something happens or it will fix it or B: take back to dealers and stuff around for how many visits who would know

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They are not all the same length. I'd go back to the dealer, you got warranty.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So today I took my heat shield out of the way as best as I could and I greased the rod at the base of the actuator. No difference stuttering still present so it rules out bad actuator (rod stuck). So pulled off all hoses on BCS and checked to makesure there were no cracks ect and all fine. From other astra forums the problem I'm facing and experiencing stems from the BCS and it hardly ever presents a MIL. As described when it boosts it fluctuates which causes the stuttering/misfire sensation and this is from a common BCS problem....now to get the dealer to actually replace / test it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to check, on full boost should you get like a air hitting blades sounds from the turbo...like ch ch ch ch ch ch ch when you have reached full boost? I just assumed this was normal as it releasing air as not to over boost?????

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    pity opcom doesnt work on our cars as there is an option to test the bcs. That turkey noise shouldnt be there mate. Go to the dealer and point that out. Your penny valve isn't opening due to bcs fault, vaccuum/boost leak, internal bov diaphrame problem or actuator causing boost not dropping when needed. Also check the connections on the vaccum box (black rectangular box) at the back of our engine. But yeah, go to any Holden dealer as you do have full warranty and Holden must fix it.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after my 3rd visit to holden, i took a drive with the foreman who after driving it said.."yep there is a problem". At this stage it looks like a whole new turbo assembly will be ordered and fitted under warranty. Aparently they have had a few cruzes with the same issue and its either been a bent actuator rod, bad turbo so they just replace whole assembly just to makesure..i wont complanClick here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge strange there's no error message then as it would be overboosting and the ecu would correct that by the sounds of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update, car being in dealership for little over week and a half now and still not fixed. Seems Holden doesn't know how to fix it. It's got a "tech call" - suppose that means Holden engineers or help and advice from Holden is involved but there is no fix at this stage. Pretty disappointing really..haven't even being given a courtesy car even though have asked numerous times. It would seem that the hassle of having to fix a opel is the altitude I get. I can see this the beginning of some things - yet to resolve coolant loss.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by warnzie Click here to enlarge
    Just an update, car being in dealership for little over week and a half now and still not fixed. Seems Holden doesn't know how to fix it. It's got a "tech call" - suppose that means Holden engineers or help and advice from Holden is involved but there is no fix at this stage. Pretty disappointing really..haven't even being given a courtesy car even though have asked numerous times. It would seem that the hassle of having to fix a opel is the altitude I get. I can see this the beginning of some things - yet to resolve coolant loss.
    That seems a bit bull.... if they wanted to renew the whole turbo assembly they could easily do it. Guess that that is not the issue with your car then ?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well got a call to say come pick it up...this is the response...holden don't know what the problem is, we don't know though we can feel the stutter/flatspots...holden has advised to keep monitoring it. I will leave everyone to ponder over that while I take a breather...oh and a beerClick here to enlarge

Thread Information