I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2013 Opel Astra - Speed cameras for Navi GPS system?

Hi all,

I have a 2013 Opel Astra equipped with the Navi900 GPS system. The system is OK, but my TomTom GPS is definitely much better and accurate.

One thing the Navi900 lacks is speed camera locations.

Is there a way to update the system to include these?

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think it's up to the map provider to include those. I know they got that over in Europe on their maps.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think on the Astra owners forum there is a how to with a link to a site to download the info and you can select Australia on that site but I don't know how good it will be.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You can try to download a map and try it out but I doubt it'll work. I tried to share my map with another member a while ago, who didn't get the card when he picked up his car, and it didn't work. Think there's some kind of number on there that should correspond with your car. But hey, you can always try.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It said something about saving the info to a USB then loading it on the navi as POI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, does anyone know how to enable custom POI for the Navi 900? I've done some reading about it & all websites suggest going to the Config -> Navigation Settings but I have no option for POI or to upload custom & when i'm in POI from the Navigation Dest menu theres no option to import or add your own custom POI's.

Any help would be great.. maybe i'm running a different software version

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mattav Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, does anyone know how to enable custom POI for the Navi 900? I've done some reading about it & all websites suggest going to the Config -> Navigation Settings but I have no option for POI or to upload custom & when i'm in POI from the Navigation Dest menu theres no option to import or add your own custom POI's.

Any help would be great.. maybe i'm running a different software version
    Assuming you want to add the speed camera poi, isn't this uploaded onto the sd card ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I was going to buy one online & test it out. Nothing i've read suggests loading it onto the SD card but I can give that a go but still don't know why I cant see any options for custom POI's, you'd think it'd be there even if you didnt have a file upload for it (like it would be greyed out etc?)

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Without sd card, navi doesnt work, it gets its maps from the sd card too so I can only imagine that poi's are stored onto the sd card as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll do some digging around & see if I can sort it out Click here to enlarge

Thread Information