Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what i can see it says coolant temp -30, -10, 10, etc etc.

I assume thats in celcius?? from memory engineers measure coolant temp in kelvin so to find -30 ill need to look for "243" followed by "263" etc and that will be temp maps or reference tables.

also once ive finished my work im going to compare my REV mod bin file to the eurotune's (from the other forum) REV mod bin file and see if its still just the 2 addresses changed.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Axis description is most likely at 0x14FE (6x1) 8bit with conversion X*0.75-48 Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to do a comparison between my modified rpm file and the rpm file from the other dude and found something interesting

Click here to enlarge

Im not sure if this means theres a change or not.

The only other difference i found apart from the 2 rev limit addresses which i already changed was the 16bit checksum address here

Click here to enlarge

Could it be the checksum correction i have is incorrect meaning the car ignores the changes to the rpm limiter?? I thought if it was incorrect the car doesnt start

Also ive tried using the table to find map locations or pointers and i think i need to do more research as its a little bit beyond my knowledge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It shouldnīt start with an checksum error. Iīm not shure if the adresses he gave you are correct and sufficient.

Just get rid off those statistical maps. they donīt help in any way.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what i thought. maybe his car doesnt have a 7300rpm rev limit as ive changed the addresses he provided which seem to be correct. and there arent any other differences between the files other than those addresses and the checksum (apart from that grey area as above, im not sure if thats a difference or not)

Where did you get the conversion for the coolant temps? its coming up as -30, -09, 00, 20, 60, 90. Does that sound about right?

Im going to try it converting from kelvin and see how it goes.

Yeah your formula seems to be correct. i wonder what the original units they measure in. Maybe Fahrenheit?
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its the same factor as in my BMW. Its sounds pretty good i think.

put your mouse over "Org" next to "*1", it will show you if there is a difference.

Well, those sensors are resistance based and so they change their resistance by changing the temperature. The Ecu just measures the voltage before and after the sensor and uses the formula to calculate the temp. We call it Zweipunktkalibrierung, i donīt know what its called in english

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in that case there was a difference in the first picture in the post above,

Click here to enlarge

that should all be 255 like the surrounding code but theres a difference along it.

I thought that code was useless though and not sure of the relevance of it.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe Click here to enlarge
    Just move your mouse over those bars on the very right side, right-click and choose ascii Click here to enlarge Then you will see where that file comes from Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My head hurts... lol
    03 Astra SRi Turbo.
    SRI-03T...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Leinad78 Click here to enlarge
    Hehe Click here to enlarge
    Just move your mouse over those bars on the very right side, right-click and choose ascii Click here to enlarge Then you will see where that file comes from Click here to enlarge
    Lol it says EVC.EVC.

Evc make winols. How did that end up in his map?? Is that area just useless code that you can change to anything?

It would explain the difference in the checksum aswell. But still doesnt explain why my car still redlines at 6400rpm Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Thread Information