Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tapatalk crashed before i replied.

Edit: boom, making the y axis rpm and all of a sudden the whole map makes sence -.-

Cheers for that. Using that formular you provided makes mid to high load at 500rpm the table reckons it will ignite 13° after top dead center. I assume this is to prevent knock??
    Also not to sound dumb (but it will) where did you get the factors and offsets for the equasion from??

I did a search on it and the most helpful yet not helpful resource i found was from a dude on youtube called vagecumap who does winols tutorials. He only provides factors and offsets for VW diesel cars Click here to enlarge

Attached a pic of the table:
    Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its been an good guess Click here to enlarge

Its the factors my MS43 is using and as some maps look so much similar, it actually was a guess by having a look at how my unmodified maps look.

Think thats not to off?

Ignition_Advance_MS43.jpg

Now lets find the airflow-descriptor. We are looking for a 12x1 map and i think its 16bit for higher resolution.

Alright, think i have it..

Reference the y-axis to position 0xBB0, 16bit, LSB first,

just like this one, but with different adress.

Airflow_Ignition_MS43.jpg

Conversion will be "X*0.021195"
    Last edited by Leinad78; 20th January 2015 at 04:07 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres what it came up with. Flipped the axis back around so x is rpm again.

Click here to enlarge

I cant get the pretty colours to work anymore. Just comes up all light blue if i do.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set "Use low range" to minus 20 and "Use high range" to 40.

I think the airflow conversion may be slightly off, 540kg/h seems to be a bit high for that low power engine.

Can one measure live data at that ecu? If so, can you log/measure the highest airflow value the ecu will recognize under full-load?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not that underpowered of an engine and it wouldnt surprise me considering the optimum exhaust size for the most high rpm gain on this car is 2.5"

The z18xe seems to respond well to breathing mods with some in the uk reaching 160-180hp naturally aspirated Click here to enlarge

Btw colours work now. Had to close and reopen tuner pro though so it may be a glitch.

Heres the result
    Click here to enlarge

Id also like to take the time to thank you for all your help btw Click here to enlarge it is greatly appreciated and i only hope i can help you out with the astra.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don´t get me wrong, everything below 300hp is underpowered Click here to enlarge

My engine produces 240hp and has a airflow at max of ~600kg/h with entries up to 700 in the maps.

thats why i don´t think a 130hp engine will have a airflow in the region of 500kg/h.

I´m really impressed by the results and steep progress so far, looking very good and you´re learning really fast Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im proud to say i have a knack for picking things up fast Click here to enlarge doesnt mean im a pro though, but Im always happy to learn.

Could it be possible that the data is put there by the manufacturer just in case? i know alot of people who turbocharge the Corsa C 1.8L use the factory MAF sensor as its fine to do so.

A basic turbo kit sees around 190hp with the highest turbo kit available for it puts output at 260hp all of which use the factory sensor and factory ecu with a remap.

Also how would i go about testing the output? i have an obd2 handreader which i think shows live data from the MAF sensor, ill have to try it and let you know.

Im guessing i have someone rev the car to redline and see what data it puts out (hopefully in kg/h) or if its in a different unit of measurement i convert it to kg/h.

What car do you drive out of curiosity?

My old car was a JDM S15 SpecR which was tuned by HKS in japan before it was brought over. Ate everything on the road as was the sexiest beast i have ever seen Click here to enlarge

sold it due to unemployment for a long period of time, the car was on its last legs when it left me. Imports cost alot to maintain and upkeep. Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I´m driving a 2002 E46 convertible with the 3L engine. I´m currently working on turbocharging the engine and as its equipped with an automatic gearbox, its really difficult to not kill the transmission.

The conversion may work or may be false, i can´t guaranty it. You´ll will come to a point and it will happen soon, where you won´t get more results, thats the point when you need to disassemble the file. IDa Pro is the best tool to do so, you´ll rip out your hair until you find a start at it, but except buying a damos file, thats the only way to get correlation between the maps, their meaning and the axis descriptors.

If you come to the point wanting to buy a damos file, do not try to fool the seller by tellimg him you have a valid version of winols Click here to enlarge Tell them you work with ASAP2Demo and you don´t need and want WinOLS as ASAP2Demo is freeware Click here to enlarge That will probably may save you trouble Click here to enlarge

One more thing: I don´t know how many or which temperature sensors the ecus has, at least it will be the intake air temp sensor and i´m confident it is one of these maps:

-0x1486 (16x1)
    -0x126B (16x1)
    -0x128B (16x1)
    -0x136F (16x1)

My best guess would be 0x126B with 0x128B being the axis descriptor in Volts (0.019607843*X) with a lower limit of zero and a higher limit of 5V. Conversion for the map could be 0.75*X-48.0 I thin 0x1486 may be water temp sensor with the same conversion and axis description Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    theres a fair few sensors on the car for temp, Ill try and find out how many sensors the car has.

I have a question though? whats the address on the BMW file for the idle speed control?? from what ive researched its based on coolant temp and if AC is on or off etc.

the current idle speed in the car while its warm is around 700rpm which is quite low imo.

So modified my original bin file in winols to have a raised limiter and exported it as a bin file. Uploaded that bin file to the car
    Click here to enlarge

Then this happened :S
    Click here to enlarge

Thank the stars for google translate Click here to enlarge it says turn the ignition off for 10 seconds.

Did that, car reset fuel pump whirred. The i did a read to test if the ecu was in tact and i hadnt killed it
    Click here to enlarge

Which it was. Turned the key and hoped for the best and it started Click here to enlarge

Now comes the bad part.... my car still limits at 6400rpm Click here to enlarge

Im putting it down to a few things it could be.

1) winols didnt export the modified file and instead when i hit export it exported the original unmodified bin.

2) the addresses where the aparrent soft and hard limiters are may be part of an rpm table or scalar of sorts although the data around the addresses looks too random to be any sort of table.

I have yet to check the exported file in a hex editor to verify if it exported incorrectly. (probably just going to use the one in tuner pro for now as its easy to use)

The last theory is based on the data from the similar engine that i posted a few pages back (although the addresses in that file didnt match up as the cal file from my car is smaller)
    In that data there were 4 rev limit addresses so maybe my car has 4 not just 2.

Time will tell but for now sleep. My brain hurts and all i see is hexadecimal code everywhere
    Last edited by SilentShout; 20th January 2015 at 09:14 AM.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what the idlespeed regulation looks at MS42.

Idlespeed_MS42.jpg

Thread Information