Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    happy to provide any files needed.

Im playing around with that MAF file and using the RPM scalar 16x1 that you found it fits, so not ill try creating tables for the 4 16x1 possible y data that you found Click here to enlarge

also going to change the limiter in the morning and give it a try, wish me luck. ill either have a 7200rpm limiter or a bricked car.

Added the 16x1 16bit rpm scalar as a seperate table and then had the maf reference it as it was the only 16x1 16bit rpm table you found which fits perfectly no offets etc. However i wasnt sure which option to enter for the Y data. Ive put them all into table form so its easier to view. Which do you think it might be? Im hunting around to try and find what units they might be in e.g kg/h or something similar. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by SilentShout; 19th January 2015 at 04:00 AM.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donīt waste to much effort in thinking about that maf table. Its nothing we can or need to tweak, its just somekind of conversion the ecu uses to calculate mass flow. The acutal changes, like if your having your car boosted, will be taken at the injection and ignition maps.

That particular map was just out of curiosity Click here to enlarge That map only needs to be changed if you actually are changing the maf to a bigger version, which is pretty unlikely in the current status of tune Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Leinad78 Click here to enlarge
    Donīt waste to much effort in thinking about that maf table. Its nothing we can or need to tweak, its just somekind of conversion the ecu uses to calculate mass flow. The acutal changes, like if your having your car boosted, will be taken at the injection and ignition maps.

That particular map was just out of curiosity Click here to enlarge That map only needs to be changed if you actually are changing the maf to a bigger version, which is pretty unlikely in the current status of tune Click here to enlarge
    Ahh that makes sence. Shouldnt need to touch it even when boosting it. I thought it was something else.

Should I start to look into those partial maps? (partial injection 1/1 eddress: 0044bb - 004573) <==== taken from the other forum
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, iīd start with using your file as basic input into WinOLS and use STRG+I to import the following file: ecu vectra 18 b simtec 71.bin

If WinOLS argues that 30% of the file is different, ignore that warning and compare both files. They seem to work really well and we can see huge differencies. Every bigger colorized part will be a map...

Happy searching Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why do you think there would be so many differences between the files though?? both are very similar if not the same engines if i recall? ill give it a shot at home though Click here to enlarge dont have the vectra file on me and no way to transfer from the work computer to my laptop.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, i donīt know why GM uses so many differencies. Its just what i learned looking at BMW files. There are, sometimes, really massive changes done. Biggest changes of all iīve seen is by comparing a 2002 E46 330 which has the same ECU as an Alpina B3S with 3.4L engine. ~80% differencies in the whole 512kb file and at least 60% in the 64kb calibration file.

Vergleich_1.jpgVergleich_2.jpg

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using winols i looked at the ignition table provided by the euro tune dude and it lines up with a 12x16 8bit map that winols discovered based on "looks"

I entered the data into tunerpro and used the 12x1 rpm scalar you found, bit of fiddling with priorities etc and this is what it looks like:
    Click here to enlarge

The other dude said its a partial map which if what i found on the internet is correct partial maps are closed loop maps when the car is running in closed loop mode.

Im trying to work out how opel like to display their data wether it is ° before top dead center (iirc thats the most common) just doesnt make sence to have the ignition sparking at 170° btdc at 700rpm halfway up the 16x side of the table (yet to find out what that is but im guessing it has something to do with the 16x1 MAF data you found around that maf map.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try using "0.375*X-23.625" in the conversion tab of that map Click here to enlarge

I think the y-axis is rpm and x-axis is load. Values in the map are °btdc

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter how i rearrange the data its not making sence. In this example which is closer to the map in winols in the high rpm x (possibly high maf load) along the 6500rpm line down the bottom it jumps at column #10 from 121 to 131 then back to 121 then 112 :S might have something to do with being partial ignition timing (closed loop) ive tried to add colour to help visualise the map.
    Click here to enlarge

Kk ill try that now. Posted before i saw your post.
    Last edited by SilentShout; 20th January 2015 at 02:32 AM.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that map is twisted... lowest value is at lowest rpm and highest flow-rate... gimme a second to think about that.

Alright, i was wrong... Y-axis is mass-airflow and x-axis needs to be rpm.

Looking a bit odd compared to MS43, maybe we can flip that entire map.

Thread Information