Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    They sound like the physical cables. Im talking about the software on the computer you are using?
    Well, i use the software that came with the interfaces. They are calles kwp2000+, Galletto1260 and MPPS. I have np problem reading different BMW´s, so it seems to be a problem with the seed key at that car.

Is there anything that needs to be done before readout? any kind of special procedure?
    Last edited by Leinad78; 17th January 2015 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant recall the name of the software that i use but its not those ones. The procedure i used was to have the car off. Initialise the software then turn the car on to ignition but dont turn it on. Then click the read button and you have the map.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you have a look what software you used? Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the delay ive had no internet for my only 2 days off due to telstra being inbred idiots with cable cutters thinking they have the knowhow to fix something.

Just had a look and the software i used was the galletto 1260 software. I can upload after work to a filehosting site. I was going to ask what year model is your missus' s astra, if i recall after a certain year they became canbus instead of kwp2000 protocol.

Also what cable are you using to interface with the car??

Lastly i had a look at the supposed locations of the rev limiter at addresses 0001CD and 001D1 and the the data comes up as 48167 and 36150. Do i need to change offset and factor values so it looks like the actual rpm limiter??

Im trying to see if that is the rpm limiter so i can enter the data into tuner pro for the xdf
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, its 2002 and i´m using a operational known galletto clone interface. It works at BMWs. The car has k-bus, i can use Op-Com to read the fault memory.

Its pretty likely they have several limiter, soft- and hardlimit maybe they even have gear-dependant nmax limiter. Factor for rpm conversion is likely 32, so your are looking for hex CB or dec ~203 values.

MS43:
    rpm-limiter.jpg

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It shouldnt be the Canbus setup then as i believe they came after 05 or 06.

When im home ill upload the galletto1260 software I used which worked for me and see if you have any luck, Pretty sure the cable I have is a clone too as i picked it up for 20 something dollars however it does say galletto1260 and came with a bunch of software so who knows.

The addresses the "eurotech" fella from the other forum provided are as such:

partial point 1/2
    address: 003b93 - 003c52
    partial point 2/2
    eddress: 003cb7 - 003d76
    partial injection 1/1
    eddress: 0044bb - 004 573

rpm limiter
    eddress: 0001cd, 001d1.

he claims he has confirmed on his car which is the same as my barina as 125cv = 123hp which is what my car is rated at.
    I havnt been game enough to test the .bin file he provided yet though.

The Hex at address 001CD (found when looking at it in winols in 8bit view) says 203 or CB, To view the actual RPM limit in Decimal format (eg 6300 for 6300rpm limit) do i change the factor to 32?

Also which version of winols are you using?? test version or the normal one? also did you have the checksum file for opels?? i have it if you want it Click here to enlarge ols238 i think its called.

EDIT: this one http://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/plu...cksName=OLS238

EDIT #2: I right clicked properties and set the factor to 32 and it came up as 6496 in decimal (Possibly 6496rpm), does it sound about right?? makes sence if this is as you say a hard limit, gonna check the other address now.

EDIT #3: the address 001D1 comes up as 6592 so maybe thats the hard limit. Ill test using my scantool and rev the car to the limiter and see what the max reading comes up as on rpm.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found out how to enter factors into tuner pro, heres the addresses for those rpm limiters im guessing one is hard and one is soft so i have entered them as such with the correct factor. I also loaded the eurotech forum user from the other forums base read mod rpm file as a compare bin in tuner pro and this is what it came up as. From this im guessing he has a 7200rpm soft limit and 7300rpm hard limit.

Thoughts? Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both sound pretty reasonable Click here to enlarge

Good find and progress Click here to enlarge

TunerPro is so much fun if you get used to it Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    currently trying to use it to make an xdf file for future use Click here to enlarge

Im going to try and enter the MAF data and find out how to get tuner pro to refference other areas for x and y data as i believe it can do it.

Im thinking the 16x1 RPM table you found will be the one used for all the 16x16 maps? ill try it and see how i go.

im also trying to find a tutorial on entering the checksum into tuner pro as the only way to recalculate it currently is in winols.

Alright @Leinad78 just want to confirm something with you.

If im changing the RPM limit both soft and hard at the two addresses i enter the modified RPM divided by the factor (in this case 32)

Eg. original soft limit is 203 (6496rpm) and hard limit is 206 (6592rpm)

If i change soft limit to 224 (7168rpm) and hard limit to 227 (7264rpm) to reflect that other dudes modified rpm limit is that the correct way to do it?

if so im going to change it and then upload to the car tomorrow morning Click here to enlarge wish me luck
    Last edited by SilentShout; 19th January 2015 at 02:32 AM.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that would be the way.

I may have another way to calculate checksum Click here to enlarge I just need a few files to verify

Alright, should work Click here to enlarge

http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/DqpU9FvH/file.html

As there are several 16x1 axis descripters, there is no chance to say that one fits all 16x* maps. Thats to simple of a thought. We need to cross-reference which axis description is 16bit and which is 8 bit. then we need to find the correct offsets and factors for the descriptors and last but not least the ones for the maps themselfe.

You can give each axis descriptor a unique name and reference them to the different maps.

Axis-Description.jpg

Thread Information