Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The car doesnt have any variable cam timing, there are roumors about it having an intake that switches from long runners to short runners at a certain rpm however im not sure they have that. would explain why around 3500rpm the car sort of livens up though.

Im going to start making an xdf with the data you have provided as well as the data from the other forum Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    The car doesnt have any variable cam timing, there are roumors about it having an intake that switches from long runners to short runners at a certain rpm however im not sure they have that. would explain why around 3500rpm the car sort of livens up though.

Im going to start making an xdf with the data you have provided as well as the data from the other forum Click here to enlarge
    Sorry, I didn't mean cam timing. I was talking about spark timing/advance.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raisin Click here to enlarge
    Sorry, I didn't mean cam timing. I was talking about spark timing/advance.
    I was replying to the post before sorry i should have quoted it Click here to enlarge he asked about cam phase shifting which i think hes talking about variable cam timing.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was replying to the post before sorry i should have quoted it Click here to enlarge he asked about cam phase shifting which i think hes talking about variable cam timing.
    Oh lol, the confusion is too damn high. Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep posting guys, I'm enjoying reading this, even if most of it is going over my head haha. I'd love to tinker with this kind of stuff oneday.

Just a small input that may be of no use to you. I had always thought the slight power difference from 90kw to 92kw was when using 95 and 98 octane where the engine is able to detect and advance the timing on the higher octane without knock. I don't know if this is true, but that's what I was told before.
    I tend to think there are 98octane and 91octane maps regardless the power difference. If the engine doesnīt have camshaft phase shifting its pretty likely they reduced power by decreasing ignition advance, yes. If you have that kind of file, please upload it Click here to enlarge I assume the engine has at least one knock sensor?

Heres what maps and line descriptors i found until this morning. Hundreds more inside that file Click here to enlarge

Kennfeldliste_16-01-2015.jpg

Yes, variable camshaft timing was the word i was looking for Click here to enlarge

there are roumors about it having an intake that switches from long runners to short runners at a certain rpm however im not sure they have that. would explain why around 3500rpm the car sort of livens up though.
    Iīve disconnected that vacuum line when i modified my girlfriends car to LPG, so its no rumour. Unfortunally i havenīt found a way to read her ecu. Security access denied at some tools. Will try it with MPPS later the day.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what car does your gilrfriend have??

i have what you would know as the Corsa C SRI 1.8L and the tool I used was a Galletto1260 clone and it worked no problems as it is able to communicate using the KWP2000 protocol which is what the car uses.

I was entering data into Tunerpro for the MAF map etc and slowly attempting an XDF file and then boom, "Tunerpro has stopped working" or loosely translated to "You are gonna feel pretty foolish if you didnt save your work" Click here to enlarge

Back to the start.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Leinad78 Click here to enlarge
    I tend to think there are 98octane and 91octane maps regardless the power difference. If the engine doesnīt have camshaft phase shifting its pretty likely they reduced power by decreasing ignition advance, yes. If you have that kind of file, please upload it Click here to enlarge I assume the engine has at least one knock sensor?
    I have the same car as SilentShout, just the 2005 facelifted model, but I don't think they changed anything engine wise.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what car does your gilrfriend have??
    Its a 2002 Opel Astra G 1.8 16V 125HP

I tried KWP2000+, Galletto 1260 and none worked. Will use MPPS later.

Found another few maps.

Kennfeldliste_16-01-2015.jpg

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same car as SilentShout, just the 2005 facelifted model, but I don't think they changed anything engine wise.
    the facelift never came with an egr valve, I was unlucky enough to have one being a 2001 Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the facelift never came with an egr valve, I was unlucky enough to have one being a 2001 Click here to enlarge
    Oh yeah, I remember Shadow110's SRi having an EGR valve. I'm glad mine doesn't have it haha.

Thread Information