Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Siemens uses, at least at the MS4* series ecus, a separate area in the calibration file to set the axis descriptions. Its not as easy as at bosch ecu where the axis and mapsize can easily be found in front of the map. I´m working with TunerPro too, very nice software.Thermostat.jpg

which company did you contact? OLSX.be? Damos file will be ~300€, but its worth every cent if its the correct softwareversion you have.

Could you upload the file you´re working with? I had no luck downloading it at my girlfriends ecu and i´m really curious to take at look at it Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooo that looks nice, which files are they??

The ones i experimented with in tunerpro were for a holden commodore, Being OBD1 its much easier to find everything.

I understand what you mean about the axis data being located somewhere else away from the map, I was hoping it wasnt going to be that way after i heard rumors that Siemens operate that way, but it was confirmed when ive been through every "potential map" that Winols has found and there doesnt seem to be any axis data around the maps.

With the help of the folks over at pcmhacking.net i can confirm the .bin file is a cal segment, aka its the data the ecu uses to calculate what the engine needs.

They also believe they have found the Injection table and 2x Ignition tables.

Addresses they provided are:
    Injection table at 44BB
    Spark tables at 3B93 and 3CB6

Checksum is 16 bit at 5EE0

Im not sure i can upload the file on this site, @poita is uploading files other than pictures allowed?

the website who im hoping to write the damos is www.chiptuning-files.biz

They emailed back asking for the original file which i cant provide until im at home as im currently at work.

I also have available an Astra G 1.8l file (auto but i believe it doesnt matter)
    I havnt had a chance to compare the 2 yet but that was my next step as the astra g is 90kw and the corsa c sri is 92kw so there is hopefully a difference in tune Click here to enlarge

UPDATE: I believe you can download my original file from the PCMhacking.net site without signing up for it.

Ive copied the link below.

Let me know how you go as you may have more experience in hexadecimal than me.

[URL="http://pcmhacking.net/forums/download/file.php?id=8145[/URL]
    Last edited by SilentShout; 13th January 2015 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Found link to bin file
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Information

The selected attachment does not exist anymore.
    rename the extension of the bin file to *.pdf and upload it here Click here to enlarge Thats working flawless.

I´m working on MS42 and MS43, used at BMW straight 6 engines. I was really lucky as there was one damos file flying on the net, but it was combined with a different softwareversion which gave slightly offsets at some maps. So it was more finding the correct software and re-translate them to german. The damos files seem to be done in german and the one for MS43 was machine-translated to english which was done a bit the ugly way and i needed to spend weeks finding and checking the uncommon abbreviations.

Right now i have made good progress and i see the need for disassembling by IDAPro, which honestly gives me headache. I know there are 3 people who already did the disassebly, but they aren´t giving usefull information on how to to that exactly. So i´m a bit stuck at the moment.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone on the forums over at PCMhacking.net has helped out and written up a very detailed and helpful how to when finding maps.

http://www.pcmhacking.net/forums/vie...p=49343#p49343

Worth a read if anyone is interested if doing something similar.
    @Leinad78 how did you go getting the bin file off the link in my previous post?
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no attachment in the link you´ve posted Click here to enlarge Thats why i´d like you to upload it here as pdf.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried attaching it but its not working, says "Not a valid image file"

here is a link to the DL without trying to Hyperlink it, copy and paste will work Click here to enlarge hopefully

http://pcmhacking.net/forums/download/file.php?id=8145
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it, i think i needed to register Click here to enlarge

I gave a bit of input (at least i hope so) where to find axis descriptions in the other forum Click here to enlarge Don´t know if i should post it here, too?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh thank you so very much it was quite helpful. Still relatively new to hex etc but I am understanding it a bit more each day.

After i finish my work ill have a fiddle around and hopefully come up with something.

Maybe comparing the Astra G file and the SRI file will show me a bit more information.
    @Leinad78

Do you know if the Simtec 70 ecu was similar if not the same??

I found some information on a different forum (subbed to loads of forums to help out with this one)

this is the info they provided:

RPM Limiter - C0E5 & C20C
    MAF Linearisation in kg/h - CBBA
    Spark 1 - D7F8
    Spark 2 - E3FC
    Spark 3 - E4BC

RPM Scale - C41A
    Airflow Scale in kg/h - C43C

C0E5 & C20C are RPM Limiters in 16 bit LoHi with correct factor.

C0E6 & C20D - RPM Limiters in 8 bit. Single value - factor 32; offset 0

You must change both limiters. If not the car will still limit the RPM at 6500.

C0E5 - RPM Red line start
    C20C - RPM Limiter

RPM is here 00C20D , 00C214 , 00C0E6 ( 8 bit ) faktor 32

I cant confirm as im at work atm, thoughts?
    Last edited by SilentShout; 16th January 2015 at 04:48 AM.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the rpm conversion of 32 is similar to the one from MS43. That sounds reasonable.

However, as your file is only 24kb i see no chance to find maps at C***h or D***h?!

I think i found the MAF table Click here to enlarge Its located at 0x15A8 and its 16x16 (16bit). The x axis has no description and the y-axis has 4 possible descriptions which are hard to decide. Option 1 starts at 0x1071 1x16 (8bit), Option 2 is located at 0x126B 1x16 (8bit), Option 3 starts at 0x128B 1x16 (8bit) and the last one is at 0x136F 1x16 (8bit).

Funny how similar those maps are Click here to enlarge

That engine doesn´t have camshaft phase shifting? It has a electronic throttle i think? What kind of emissions equippment does it have? I tend to think it has somekind of switchable intake manifold?!

Just by the looks the aera around 0x3120-3280 should deal with knock.

Well, the rpm conversion of 32 is similar to the one from MS43. That sounds reasonable.

However, as your file is only 24kb i see no chance to find maps at C***h or D***h?!

I think i found the MAF table Click here to enlarge Its located at 0x15A8 and its 16x16 (16bit). The x axis has no description and the y-axis has 4 possible descriptions which are hard to decide. Option 1 starts at 0x1071 1x16 (8bit), Option 2 is located at 0x126B 1x16 (8bit), Option 3 starts at 0x128B 1x16 (8bit) and the last one is at 0x136F 1x16 (8bit).

Funny how similar those maps are Click here to enlarge

That engine doesn´t have camshaft phase shifting? It has a electronic throttle i think? What kind of emissions equippment does it have? I tend to think it has somekind of switchable intake manifold?!

Just by the looks the aera around 0x3120-3280 should deal with knock.

There are some nice rpm scalars in 16bit starting at 0xC3C Click here to enlarge

Heres an ols file and the mappack with all the axis descriptors Click here to enlarge

http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/O0jNyGR1/file.html
    http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/TfcJGPmq/file.html
    Last edited by Leinad78; 16th January 2015 at 07:00 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep posting guys, I'm enjoying reading this, even if most of it is going over my head haha. I'd love to tinker with this kind of stuff oneday.

Just a small input that may be of no use to you. I had always thought the slight power difference from 90kw to 92kw was when using 95 and 98 octane where the engine is able to detect and advance the timing on the higher octane without knock. I don't know if this is true, but that's what I was told before.

Thread Information