Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    Haha hoping to get far with this.

On the other hand I notice you have a scoob, did you know theres already a program that has mapped your scoob and mitsubishi ecus?? Google openecu.org (name might have changed since I checked it last, havnt tuned a scoobi since my yester years :P )
    Yeah, my ecu is unlocked and tuned through romraider. Soooo much easier tuning subies compared to opels, if you can get it to a similar level, you'll be onto a winner

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sooty; 19th May 2014 at 11:55 AM.
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Evo, Subie, Nissan, Honda ecus are very accessible
    Helps tuning with wideband afr readings too on rom raider
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im using winols at the moment. Where the learning curve is that nothing is handed on a s8lver platter Click here to enlarge ive used the haltech software and various others (apexi fc etc) and in them you click on fuel map, it goes to the fuel table. Wjnols, you load the cal/bin file, its just a bunch of code, gg have fun.

Im trying though, its a painful process Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Progress Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awesome man! I'd love to dive into ECUs oneday. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did a lot of experimenting with the whole winols debarkle ages ago, managed to get the EDS maps off then open in winols even changing EDS maps and overlaying them as different stage tunes showing the different stage graphs
    I purchased two tools claiming read/write ODBII abilities, none worked

Check out alientech mate for a much better program to map the car
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello guys,

my name is Daniel and i´m from germany, working mainly on BMW engines. My girfriend owns a 2003 Astra with the Z18XE engine and on my search for Damos files i found this thread.

I´m really curious to see if there is already some progress at this type of research and if there is help needed Click here to enlarge

kind regards
    Daniel

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    progress is slow but good news and that is Ive solved the checksum correction with the car.

Tiny bit of theory, when you make a change to the ecu coding, the checksum needs to change to reflect the changes. if it doesnt the car knows the ecu has been tampered with and bricks itself.

Its so opel can try and ensure no one touches their ecus.

Click here to enlarge Screw you opel, Ive beaten you on this round Click here to enlarge now to start populating the tables.

Next challenge is to interpret the data and see if i can populate the x and y axis of the maps,

Quick question, anyone know what the rev limiter is on the SRI??
    is it 6300 or some random number like 6341 or something?
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you wrote your own checksum tool or did you find an existing one? The first would be impressive Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a checksum calculator which i have yet to test, Currently i am testing the one from EVC the company that makes winols. May or may not have aquired it from sources but its for testing purposes only as my end goal is to create an XDF file for use in TunerPro which is a free to use program and it has a much more traditional user interface when tuning cars. Next goal will be to create or obtain an ADX file which will allow TunerPro to interface with and tune the car in real time, that however i cant confirm as im not sure the Siemens has the capabilities for that. I know it can certainly be flashed while stationary but if it works it means you will be able to take the car to a test and tune night or tune on a private property with a mate at the wheel.

This is further down the track though.

I have also contacted several companies who claim they have access to tuned files that they sell online, One company in particular writes Damos AL2 files for people and mentions the Corsa SRI which im pretty excited about however we will see what sort of cost they come up with for their services.

I have the Hex address for the checksum location as well as what looks to be injection maps and 2x ignition timing maps (possibly one for low load and one for high load)
    The trick will be trying to discover how Simens write their code and where they place the x&y axis data (before the table, in the table or after the table)
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Thread Information