Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    sadly no other job lined up yet. Looking and applying which is always fun however my poor decision to quit at a poor time of year meant i am able to keep my sanity as my job was doing my head in very badly.

Click here to enlarge
    Ah that's a bummer, but sometimes you just gotta leave.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, remember reading this thread as it was happening and it all went over my head. Been getting into the idea of tuning myself a bit lately and remembered this so dug it back up but it seems to have reached a dead end. The amount of work you guys are willing to put into this for anyone to use just astounds me! No progress?
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brando47 Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, remember reading this thread as it was happening and it all went over my head. Been getting into the idea of tuning myself a bit lately and remembered this so dug it back up but it seems to have reached a dead end. The amount of work you guys are willing to put into this for anyone to use just astounds me! No progress?
    I think @SilentShout has decided to go with an AEM FIC6 piggyback ECU for his turbo build, so this thread has gone a bit quiet.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've still been sussing out a few things, I want to tear the 1.4mpi ecu open and compare it to the delco 808 ecu's from the camira and commodore, not sure if the sb 1.4 delco is an 808 but they sure look simillar from the outside, if they are the same or at least use similar components then the delcohacking kit might be able to be used to unlock them and make them real time tuneable.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    I think @SilentShout has decided to go with an AEM FIC6 piggyback ECU for his turbo build, so this thread has gone a bit quiet.
    I ended up going with the AEM as it will provide me with a large amount of headroom if I decide to go further with the build, the factory ecu can only cope with so much.

The reason I stopped with hacking the ecu was due to reaching a wall, The way a normal ecu works is it might have the x and y axis of a particular map e.g. an injector map, located at the start of the binary file.

So for an example x might be RPM and y might be Load or MAF input. All of the RPM data is in one location and the MAF data is in another location. Usually the z axis (which is the actual table data) will have whats known as a header. This is data that will point to the x and y axis location so you know what the map is.

Our ecu is designed in a way that this doesn't exist. The headders for particular maps are located in a different part of the ecu that needs to be stitched to the front of the file. This has been done by leinad78, that is where my knowledge ends though. As you literally need to dissect the specific arguments, pointers etc that make the ecu work.

I have reached out to a few friends in IT however its beyond their knowledge aswell so hence the roadblock Click here to enlarge

tl:dr as an example. there are roughly 50 or so RPM tables in the one area, 1 of them is responsible for the idle speed in relation to coolent temp, 49 are not.
    Without a reference from the ECU to which one does what, its all a guessing game.

49 chances to ruin the car Click here to enlarge

I still revisit it every now an then, and little things have been discovered like rev limiter, however I tried to change it and its still limited to approx. 6300 meaning there is another area of the hex file that the ecu references for the rev limiter.

Once I find somewhere to host the files im happy to put all our findings up for others to grab and see if they can do anything with.
    Anyone know of such sites?
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All sounds like such a giant guessing game, very easy to understand why you might give it up in favour of a standalone or piggyback in this case. I usually just use dropbox for file hosting kinda stuff cause it's so easy to share links, or I think google drive is very similar. Not sure if that helps
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet ill see what I can find and make a google drive thingie when I can.

about 4 months ago one of my HDD's died and it was the one with most of my programs, games and tuning files on it. I believe I backed up to one of the laptops but ill have to check when I can find the charger.

I havnt given up on it, just whats left is well beyond me. the AEM FIC will allow me to do what I want without trying to hack the ecu in the first place. It will also give me more control with the ability to tune on the fly rather than reflash every time I need to make a change. Ill also be able to monitor afr readings and log afr readings against fuel, ignition and MAF maps to make sure the car will run safely and reliably. Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    ... there are rumours about it having an intake that switches from long runners to short runners at a certain RPM ...
    Is that the TwinPort you're thinking about? That's no rumor, that's fact on the Z14XEP at least Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i think some z18xe engines came out with the same system but i can confirm mine does not have the variable intake runners

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brando47 Click here to enlarge
    I've only just found this myself. Also impressed by how much work the guys were putting in. Did anything public ever manifest itself from this effort? Perhaps a wiki or github reference to some of their findings/resources/tips? I'd consider contributing to a team effort along these lines if such a project got any legs.

That said, what are the goals of ECU remapping? Just performance? I'm a tad more interested in economy myself but hopefully the two goals could be combined, along with others.

Thread Information