Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full Flash from MS43 is pretty easy. You need to get the ecu into boot-mode by forcing a pin at the flash to ground while the ecu is woken up. Once its in boot-mode, you can read it via Galletto.

Unfortunally i found out the referencing of axis description Click here to enlarge Its all in the code. Without proper disassembling or having an a2L/Damos file, you have no chance to find out Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn, Guess i should start hunting around for people who will supply the Damos file Click here to enlarge

Im not sure my car is able to be put into boot mode as i couldnt find anything on the internet about the Corsa C or even the Astra with the 1.8.

Is there a link to instructions? happy to give it a go. Much easier to find someone able to read a full bin read than just the cal segment.

in the meantime im just going to keep hunting around on the cal segment to see what comes up.

All i need to find is WOT fuel and ignition tables as Part throttle (closed loop) tables for spark and fuel have already been located and shouldnt need to be touched that much for a forced induction setup.

Alternatively I can save up for the AEM FIC6 which not only controls fueling but it also can retard the ignition. Good for boost, but crap for NA applications as you need to advance the timing for more power.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ask at OLS.be if they have a Damos? Be sure to tell them you will use it with free ASAP2demo software instead of WinOLS, so you donīt have a validated customer number.

Forcing MS42/43 into boot-mode is only doable as the Galletto software supports another ecu with the same processor and flash. If you donīt have the exact same setup, boot-mode wonīt work.

As the chips are bonded directly, i donīt see big chances to identify them

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's the progress of this project ?
    If you need the complete binary, I could send it to you.

Hard bricking these ECUs are luckily almost imposible (unlike the Delco HSFI 2.x used in Z14/Z16XE/SE engines)
    The worst that could happen is that you cannot reprogram it anymore via the 3rd party reprogrammers, however via the Tech 2 or MDI it can be recovered.
    If the need is be, I could make a PC with teamviewer where you can test it on an ECU of mine Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, no response.. okay.

I've been doing some digging and as the Z18XE and Z22XE share the same ECU and use the same firmware platform.
    I've compared the 2, they look very alike only the places where they are are somewhat different.

Now I said that the Simtec 71 uses sort of a platform, this means that the firmware the ECU runs is very much the same from engine to engine or version.
    You can test this just by uploading the Z22XE dump into the Z18XE and look with the tech 2, you will see then that you can only get into the ECU if you select the Omega B with a Z22XE.
    Or even with a ELM327 should be enough to query the engine model that is programmed in.

But anyway, I was comparing the 2 and this looks quite similar, don't know what it is but maybe to do with fuel ? :
    che.jpg

Here are the files I used, be sure if you test that you got the SIE 0116004500
    files.zip

I'm just beginning with this kind of stuff, normally fix these ECU's and reprogram them with Opel's own software Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @SilentShout should be around, he must have just missed this reply.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah cheers for that. Tapashit isnt updating on my phone properly and works been a bitch with school holidays. Click here to enlarge

Pretty sure the ecu may be different. Its certainly not the same code as that. Ill have to check it out when im on my desktop comp again.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you got a other SIE number, just let me know, have a pile of these ECUs so yours will be there too and they dont differ that much

ECU of the Z22XE/Y22XE/Z18XE and Z18XEL share the same ECU, only the software is different.
    Heck it even looks that the only difference lays in that 24KB we can extract from it, if I program a ECU as Z22XE and then write the Z18XE BIN to it, it wil start and run like a Z18XE.
    If I upload the Z22XE engine wont start, it's too different

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping this image works:

Click here to enlarge

The SIE im pretty sure is 09115113 for the SRI ecu's
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That number is the partnumber / calibration ID
    The ECU hardware ID, from looking at the image, is SIE 0116004000. So it would be incompatible with my file.
    Will look tonight for a similiar ECU with the same SIE number and program it with your VIN.

The possible SIE numbers for the Z22XE/Z18XE/Z18XE1/Z18XEL are :
    SIE 0116004000
    SIE 0116004300
    SIE 0116004500
    SIE 0116102000

Thread Information