Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That one map really looked good Click here to enlarge But what about 0x4AA8 for example? Click here to enlarge

I may have found some guys that are familiar with Siemens ecu disassembly (these ms41 guys) and hopefully they´ll help me getting started with ida. I sense some steep progress Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully that will be helpful. I read more into disassembling and as you said to make it work you need the complete flash from the car including the programming area too.

Sadly i dont think theres a way to do that with the simtec 7x series ecu's or at least no one has tried it.

Winols says that map is a 5x10 (maybe 6x10 dont have the laptop on me so cant remember) what might that be for?

Whenever i search in google a map size to try and find other maps that look the same, nothing usable comes up sadly. I need to look more into interpreting the map data to tell what the map is for which will hopefully help a bit.

Using my previous method to try and find axis data unfortunately only works for 1 axis on the maps ive tried. Theres a few maps that have 0's before them and a few maps that look like they have the axis data inside them (like previously posted. theres a line of data goes down before the map data which is going up)

fingers crossed the people familiar with the siemens disassembly can help out.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found a huge axis map of sorts at address 0x15AC 16bit

Looks to be 254x1?? does that sound right?

I cant find any info on the internet about it. A few people keep talking about 255 being the highest value in 8bit or something.
    Could also be something to do with the MAF sensor prehaps?
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0x15A8 16bit 16x16 Factor 0.015625

MAF conversion table, unit mg/stroke

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried seeing if it was a table but then i put it into tuner pro as a 254x1 and its linear from the first to the last entry.

best way to describe it is it doesnt come up as values that rise etc like a traditional map.

Ill take a pic of it.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres when its put into tuner pro
    Click here to enlarge

And here it is in winols. Ignoring the fail map detection by winols you can see that unlike a normal 16x16 map when the numbers rise and then suddenly fall after 16 addresses it keeps going up and up.

Click here to enlarge

Adding the extra data from address at 15A8 would mean its exactly 256 bytes long.

Here it is as a 16x16 map but i think it might be a 2d map maybe.

Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to my previous post you are most likely right about it being 16x16. I cant find any information on what a maf conversion table actually does though. Might help me if i knew what it was before i assumed it was a 256x1 map Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one revealed what that map is actually doing or what the axis descriptions are.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I managed to get a proper .bin file from a vectra B with the z18xe aswell.

This one looks much better than that bogus x18xe file from the PCM forums, (had a difference of 90 something percent)

This one only has 23% difference and all the major maps are changed and some of the RPM axis tables are changed too. Ill look into it further and upload the file to the PCM forums so you can download it too if you want Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome Click here to enlarge

Thread Information