Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good, I have had some success disassembling the file using the ST10 processor information from STMicroelectronics, Now that I know where the axis descriptors are and some maps ill be able to hunt around the area and see if theres any indication of where it points and go from there. Sadly ill have to do it at home though as i dont have IDApro on my laptop with me.

Ill let you know what I find Click here to enlarge

in the mean time im thinking of putting all the axis descriptors into Tunerpro so they are there and easier to read then see what the values are, hopefully it will give some sort of indication as to what the axis is (rpm, Kg/h etc) and go from there Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds reasonable Click here to enlarge

Keep in mind you need the full flash file in order to disassemble it

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah which i cant get that easily off this car sadly Click here to enlarge

I was looking Through some of the maps that winols was picking up and spotted this one. It thinks the whole thing is an 8x12 16bit map but if you look at the values the map decreases and then increases. Im thinking possibly its a map with the axis values before the map itself?

Click here to enlarge

Putting it into tuner pro makes it easier to see.

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by SilentShout; 4th February 2015 at 06:09 PM.
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, i have to admit some of those statistical maps donīt look bad when only Siemens option is active Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking through some more data and im finding some tables with what looks to be one of the axis values much like you found with the MAF table.

Heres an example. Looks to be an 8x12 16bit map.

The map starts at 1B1C but before that theres 16 addresses that increment up like a 16x1 table. That one starts at 1AFC

The result looks like this:

Click here to enlarge

I assume ill need some sort of conversion to make it readable.

Ive also asked for help on the ecuedit forums as they seem to have alot of folks who have dissassembled by hand before.

Hoping they can shed some light on what the method of looking up on the axis data might be.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if thats axis data, wheres the entries for the y-axis?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was none that i could see before the x axis data was just 0s and after the map looks to be random code but at some stage tonight im going to investigate it further.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i tried importing the astra G bin file to see if it would bring up any differences, and its a mess.

Click here to enlarge

No luck with that or finding axis data Click here to enlarge hit a wall, feels bad man.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it does look pretty identical, at least identical enough so the differencies may be because of differencies in the region, engine or car itself. Are the main maps at the same position?

Not wanting to frustrate you, but i donīt think there will be any way to find the axis without disassembling Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was playing around and found something interesting. The partial throttle ignition map at 0x3CB7 is an 8bit 12x16 map according to winols. I looked at the data before it as i read somewhere that axis pointers are in 16bit aparrently.

Looking at it in 16bit hex shows the value 2830. I put that into a converter that converts decimal to hex thinking "what if the ecu looks at the hex value as a decimal value and uses that to find an address"

2830 as a decimal to hex becomes b0e.

sitting at address 0x0B0E is a 16x1 axis descriptor that doesnt look to be rpm but something else. It may be correct.

However looking at the data before that and after the map the only thing that comes up is DD4 which leads to nothing (actually leads to part way through a 6x1 map that is literally 000, 001, 002, 003, 004, 005)

So it may be something or it may be just complete coincidence however i will play with some different maps and see what i come up with .
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Thread Information