Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Leinad78 Click here to enlarge
    It does have an electronic throttle?

It may be somekind of torque calculation or airflow calculation.

There even must be an Alpha/n table somewhere thats used when the maf is disconnected.
    It does have an electronic throttle body as well as the car does run without the MAF as ive done it before when i had a faulty one so you might be right on the mark with that.

Im finding some wierd maps that winols didnt pick up (not that i trust its auto finding abilities)

There looks to be an 8x16 8bit map at 0x4605 which looks very readable without any conversions (lowest number being 56 and highest being 150)

Also winols found two 4x8 maps one after the other but one thing i noticed is theres a third 4x8 map directly after them thats an exact copy of the second 4x8 map :S could the ecu have redundant data hiding in there or maybe the map is refferenced elsewhere.

If only i could understand how the maps are referencing their x and y axis data this would be alot easier. I cant for the life of me understand that chart on the other forum that the MS41 people (or MS42 i cant remember) are using to find the axis data out.

EDIT: Scratch that the 8x16 map looks to be two 8x8 maps side by side.

Im finding alot of tiny maps all over the place, EG two 6x6 maps both with the lowest value of 0 and the highest value of 255 with the numbers in the center changed about

Heres a screen cap: Click here to enlarge

So many tiny files Click here to enlarge

Siemens, why you so complicated for Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have found a map that is relevant to throttle response Click here to enlarge

Its 16x12 at 0x1C1C 16bit and x*0.001831

It pretty much looks like BMW map, even though the max values are a bit low.

Heres a link to a friends google drive who hosts all the files and damos for BMW. I´m shure it`ll help.

*.s28 files can be opened with free software ASAP2Demo

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah that makes sence as there is a noticable delay when pressing the accelerator pedal to when the car picks up, No idea why they would impliment a delay at all but i know this delay can be flashed out as others in the uk and germany have done it.

Cant see a link but ill google it and see what i find. Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, forgot the link Click here to enlarge

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...mc&usp=sharing

So, there will at least be a pretty big map that compares measured MAF values with an preset to see if the maf is off. If its off, it´ll will probably throw a fault lamp and will switch to an alpha/n map.

At BMW the diagnosis map is 16x16 and the actual alpha/n map is 8x12, it´ll tell the ecu directly the injection time. Next to them there is another map that calculates the airflow for other things, like ignition timing, that map is 8x8.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question as you may know more about it than me.

I was looking around the Address 0x0DD9 in 8bit format, and i found a bunch of rising patterns (usually indicative of a map) however the interesting part is the data doesnt seem to indicate a whole map so im possibly thinking they may be axis data?

The interesting part was that each of these patterns was followed by a "008"

Some of the patterns would literally count up like 001, 002, 003, 004 etc. and then others will count for an example:000, 024, 038, 044, 060, 008, 000, 001, 002, (its a bad example but you get the idea)

in your experience what would this usually indicate??

Many thanks in advance for your help btw Click here to enlarge

also i downloaded the MS43 files and i couldnt get it to work, so im going to try the MS42 files and see how i go from there.

EDIT: Scratch That I read your post in the other forum on PCMhacking and you said the 008 is a reference to the size of the map and that the maps are 2d so they are most likely axis data Click here to enlarge

Time to do some hunting around.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found this while searching how to find maps,

http://bmweditor.com/Home/Product

May be of use to you Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I´m a direct and the only competitor to that company when it comes to MS42 and MS43. Of course they have a much more shiny product, but its also much more limited as we rely on the maps these guys put into the program. I´m almost updating my xdfs every week and instead of 400€, my software is absolutely free Click here to enlarge

I´m currently covering ~5times the maps then BMW Editor does Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its nice to find someone else with such similar goals Click here to enlarge

Im doing it all for free because i want the learning experiance and so that the tuning for these cars opens right up.

Unless you pour money into the ecu most people settle on the whole "exhaust, rims, floormats etc,"

With the hardest part of the car tackeled hopefully the world will see many more insain z18xe powered cars Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Ive finallly grasped an idea on how the people with the MS41 and MS41.5 ecu's have been finding the correlation between maps and axis data, And sadly it doesnt work with the maps from my Bin, ive checked before and after the map for any sort of pointer that would indicate where it gets its information from, Ive also tried looking around the axis data from that whole section of axis data we discovered with nothing found either. Ive tried looking for hex values that relate to the map addresses and vice versa and found nothing.

im trying to look for information on how the MS43 and MS42 ecu's look for axis data but im finding very little information. Maybe the Simtec series ecu's work in the same way hopefully.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I´m afraid it can only be found by disassembling the file Click here to enlarge

Thread Information