Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EVC not only makes Winols, they also do tunes Click here to enlarge

I tend to think that guy doesnīt really know what heīs talking about and just copies some code.

FF`d areas are normally not used by the ecu and can therefore be manipulated like EVC did it in this case.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That makes sence Click here to enlarge although what doesnt make sence is that there are only the 2 addresses changed for the rev limiter. So either hes telling porkies or something with my file is wrong.

do you think i should chance it and flash his file to my car??

Also out of curiosity, is this what a full dissassembled file looks like?

http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/papers/anht_hac.pdf

if it is its much easier to read for me than hex Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be easier for all of us Click here to enlarge

a disassembled file looks much more like this:

Click here to enlarge

It just contains hundreds of these code snipets, just without any logical reference Click here to enlarge

So will just get the left side of the picture and find the right side on your on. On every fu**** sub-code

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found some interesting things while trying to learn how to disassemble,

Found an information sheet with a list of a bunch of ecu's and their processors.

http://www.dimsport.com/ftpsito/pdf/...ion%20list.pdf

In there i found the siemens simtec 76 which may have a similar processor to the simtec 71 and 70 etc.
    Using that information i found a data sheet on the ST10C167 processor found inside that ecu.

http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/data...cs/mXsquyr.pdf

Im hoping to learn more about how this information can help me, i believe how easy it is disassembling a binary comes from knowing what architecture the binary file is written around in the first place.

Theres plenty of BMW's listed in that first link too so hopefully it helps you out aswell with your BMW Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    In there i found the siemens simtec 76 which may have a similar processor to the simtec 71 and 70 etc.
    Using that information i found a data sheet on the ST10C167 processor found inside that ecu.
    Wouldn't surprise me, the 76 is used on the Z18XER engines in the Astra H and the Cruze. Main differences there are the XER uses VVT and full CANBUS.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @chris_r you wouldnt by any chance *cough* have or will be opening up your z18xe ecu to *cough* check out the part numbers on the processor chips? *cough*

You know in the interest of science Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ecu uses Infineon SAK-C167CR-LM processor. I just havenīt found a way to start with IDA.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think ive narrowed it down to 2 processors it could be,
    As chris said the simtec 76 was canbus and reading through the data sheet it specifically states it has support for CAN 2.0 meaning chances are its not the same processor in the simtec 71.

Looking at the other models i can tell you the processor will be from the ST10 family made by STMicroelectronics

2 possible models are the ST10F166 or the ST10F163

The 163 says up to 1999 so im thinking it may be the 166 but hopefully its enough information to look into disassembling using IDA however they only have intel processors in their dropdown lists.

The quest continues.

Dont know if this is helpful to you @Leinad78

http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/ap08270...b7d12b7c&ack=t

Aparrently infineon have their own disassembler for the C167 series of processors, but it all looks like mud to me Click here to enlarge

Also found this link but not sure its helpful either

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/foru...ic=359.0title=

They mention the infineon in there too
    Last edited by SilentShout; 28th January 2015 at 02:58 AM.
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SilentShout Click here to enlarge
    @chris_r you wouldnt by any chance *cough* have or will be opening up your z18xe ecu to *cough* check out the part numbers on the processor chips? *cough*

You know in the interest of science Click here to enlarge
    I have both the Corsa and Astra Z18 ECUs, so I could probably open up the Astra one in the name of research.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Save the time and effort, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ENJ5L_-pDA

You wonīt see anything usefull.

Thread Information