Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Great ECU Hack Project

Greetings All

First off Im not sure if this is the correct section to post in but feel free to move it if need be.

Ill get straight to the point:

For too long have we Aussies suffered the difficulties of Tuning the factory ecu's in our beloved Opels, wether it be sending the ecu over the globe, or minimal support from professional tuners.

I plan to change that around. I will hack the ecu and pass on my knowledge and help to anyone else so our little machines can ascend to the next level Click here to enlarge

The vehicle of choice is the Trusty Red Baron!! (Barina SRI)

The project will take place over 3 stages:

Stage 1: Gather the tools nessesary to interface with the ecu and Obtain the Bin file off the ecu *Completed*

Stage 2: Dissassemble the binary file from the ecu and creat a definition file (hacked binary file) that outlines all the parameters and maps found on the ecu (MAF map, o2 map, etc etc) *This stage will be the longest and most tiring* *In Progress*

Stage 3: Change parameters and flash the car ecu to test changes.

A few things to note:
    For stage 3 I will attempt to change small parameters such as idle speed and rev limit to test its working.

I understand there is a massive risk to brick the ecu without taking proper precaution so all nessesary precautions will be taken, Do not attempt this without knowledge of what your doing, I do not take responsibility for any damage you may do to your vehicle by copying what I do.

I have PM'd the famous Warren G from Corsa-c.co.uk to see if he can lend a hand at all and hopefully shorten stage 2, just waiting to hear back from him.

I will update this post when I have come across anything new etc.

Watch this space and hopefully I will be able to bring you the Opel community what you need Click here to enlarge

~ The Silent Shout
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    16.23 Second 1/4 Mile, No boost..... Yet
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

I have the Binary File!!!!

20140502_201943.jpg

Interestingly enough I was able to interface with the ECU under the Astra G Simtec 71.1 ( I believe it is the same architecture as the Simtec 70 Found in the Barina SRI)

And feast your eyes on what the ECU sees:

20140502_201740.jpg

Messy Huh Click here to enlarge now comes the fun part
    Holden Barina XC SRI
    "-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." ~Moog

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You should actually do a before dyno run so you can see exactly what difference it has made.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small Update:

Managed to Identify 42 potential maps, I say potential as they only look like they could be maps, still need to determin if they are maps or if they are useless.

Also no help from Warren G which is understandable as tuning files are a close guarded secret as tuners count on them for revenue.

He did offer to come to australia if there were enough people interested in a remap, if in the future we ever wanted to take advantage of that.

My work continues, Ill keep you posted guys Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here's an idea. Get on to @guy 27 and see if he'll let you dump the binary from the Corsa SRi he got from Pete. From memory, the ECU was flashed with a different tune. Compare that file to yours and you may be able to find where the map is.

As for WarrenG, he does some really awesome work. Especially dropping a Z19DTH into a Corsa C, that's just f***ing nuts. Would love for him to come to Australia, but if he were doing tunes for everyone, he'd have to do a grand tour of the country just about.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with some aftermarket tunes is most of the time they are locked by the creator, aparrently this is one technique Warren G tried out when he first started. I will definitly ask him though. wouldnt hurt to try

Having a bit of a win though, Spoke to the guys over at pcmhacking.com and found out the whole mask id of $11 is incorrect, dont know why the car is saying that.

The file that I can pull and edit looks like the "Cal segment" or the values and data that the car uses to adjust how the car runs etc.

Traditionally the entire bin includes the software that runs the car too, this is only the values that the software needs making it a bit safer to tune Click here to enlarge

also a user by the name of antus suggested where he believed the ignition and fuel maps were located so i will have a look at them when I get home and compare to see if it corrisponds to one of the 42 maps i have listed.

Its a start Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huge UPDATE:

Unfortunately no progress on my particular ecu, havnt had a chance to check those ignition and fuel map addresses yet (been working stupid hours Click here to enlarge )

I have however recieved information on a variaty of other ecus that have possibly been hacked already and would now like to share my discovery with you all

Feast your eyes:

www.chip-tuner.hu/original_ecu_files/files/Opel

These are the original files however I believe these have all been Hacked and by that I mean all the tables and addresses of specific items such as rev limiter, fuel, ignition etc has already been identified and saved.

I will download a few and check them hopefully when i get home (pretty tired Click here to enlarge )

Your welcome Opelaus. Click here to enlarge
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good work trying something new, be good to see how far you can get with this.
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha hoping to get far with this.

On the other hand I notice you have a scoob, did you know theres already a program that has mapped your scoob and mitsubishi ecus?? Google openecu.org (name might have changed since I checked it last, havnt tuned a scoobi since my yester years :P )
    Holden Barina XC SRI

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Winols and alientech ECM titanium are readable & versatile tunable programs to suit opels
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Thread Information