Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Dashboard out job.
    Just get it checked out first to make sure before doing any work. I'm just going off a photo here ;-)
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

OpelAus Participant StrickenAza34's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    Dashboard out job.
    Just get it checked out first to make sure before doing any work. I'm just going off a photo here ;-)
    Yeah thanks for that, will be sure to find out exactly what it is before going forward, was hoping it might have been the aircon condesor drain blocked up or something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so MFD = clock? Right? Haha

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DesireaMay Click here to enlarge
    Ok so MFD = clock? Right? Haha
    Yeah mate. MFD or Multi Function Display is the Clock, Temp and Station/Date display.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought so.
    How does it pull apart, anyone know? I had undone the 8 clips, but it seemed to be stuck still, and don't want to break it. And where is the diffuser in it located? Same with heater controls and I'm guessing headlights switch doesn't come apart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to go back to my post, have a few more questions,

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought so.
    How does it pull apart, anyone know? I had undone the 8 clips, but it seemed to be stuck still, and don't want to break it. And where is the diffuser in it located? Same with heater controls and I'm guessing headlights switch doesn't come apart?
    This is my general thread, where I ask all my behind the scenes questions. The Mfd once out of the dash shouldn't need to be opened up, the bulbs are in the back, the little white/green hex shaped things. No idea on the diffuser, I went to the wreckers, and got one without the amber diffuser. I then swapped MFD's over. The heater controls one is a whole plastic piece. That I had to swap over with the clear one from the wreckers.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, knew what they looked like, I had brought some cheap ones, and couldn't figure out why they weren't going in, they came in a 10 pack, thought that'll be plenty for MFD and speedo. but not a single one would go in, and after finally being able to pull it apart to figure out why, worked out there wasn't enough of a gap between the little solder thing. And the reflective type wing thing. So now I have used up all 10.
    Click here to enlarge

That's only what I could find, the rest have flung around the car somewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and one did work but if I went for a drive, it'll flicker on and off, everything in my dash is orange so I'm guessing that would mean it has an orange diffuser. But it certainly turned half the MFD blue, so I'm going straight onto crazy led now, don't have much of a choice now lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and one did work but if I went for a drive, it'll flicker on and off, everything in my dash is orange so I'm guessing that would mean it has an orange diffuser. But it certainly turned half the MFD blue, so I'm going straight onto crazy led now, don't have much of a choice now lol
    I prefer the light spread of the Crazyleds.co.uk ones, they are quite delicate, I worked out the best thing for me was to use a set of Needlenose pliers to push them in, then give it a twist, making sure if there is any resistance to back off, and realign the wings.

Where abouts are you? If you have taken the centre console off, you should be able to see the Heater Controls true face, and it should have a sticker, White and Blue = clear diffuser, White, Blue and Orange = Amber diffuser.
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information