Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey! My new Astra 2.0 Turbo

Hey guys just recently bought my astra turbo a couple of months ago. It's been fun the car is quite quick and most people have no clue when I thrash them so I love it. However, I looking at making more power. What are the best bang for buck mods I can get started on and where can they be purchased. I honestly don't know if anything has been done to it, there is a autotech engineering sticker located at the fuel cap saying its been tuned for 98 petrol. Thats as far as my knowledge goes for passed history. If anyone knows any extra about the car it would be appreciated.

Also I live in the Hurstville area in sydney so if anyone is interested in meeting up and shedding some knowledge on astra turbo's in general or if there are any meets I am very keen to learn more.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate. Upping the power, might mean a new clutch, just keep that in mind. You should always run 98 in these car. Are there any upgrades done to the car already ? Can you take some pics of the engine bay, turbo, exhaust and intercooler ? Yur best buy next would be an eds-ipf so you can tune the car as upgrades come along.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    welcome to oa
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'day mate

Breathing mods is a good place to start then EDS IPF are great tuning devices
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the engine bay it looks like there might be an after market cold air intake but that might be all? Have no clue why one photo is upside down lol
    the exhaust look stock. Also how do you know if you have the vxr turbo or the standard sri turbo?

IMG_4576.jpgIMG_4577.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also where are the best places to buy mods? For instance where should I buy the eds ipf ecu system? exhaust? intercooler? Bigger Turbo??

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JSR911 Click here to enlarge
    the exhaust look stock. Also how do you know if you have the vxr turbo or the standard sri turbo?
    vxr turbo is ribbed on the outlet
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    is there actually a filter on that intake ?! Car is running well, no error light on in dash ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think so I'll take a closer look it was dark as you might tell. There is no error lights on the dash and its been riding very well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you guys think of this short shifter http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Short-thr...item51b90d73b3

I know Mtech have one for around 200$ just want to know if anyone has tried this one or if it can be trusted.

Thread Information