Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Looking for Help and Guideance

Hi All,

This is my first acutal post on a forum ever!
    I'm very new to the forum as well about 1 hour old.

I'm looking for help and guidance as to a predicament that i currently have.
    I purchased a brand new OPC ASTRA in December last year, and unfortunatly (an old senior didn't see my bright red car at the set of lights) slammed into the back of me.

My Car has been sitting at a repair centre for 3 months now after spare parts needed to be shipped in from Germany... and today i found out that another shipment is required becuase the initial order wasn't fully forfilled. (Very dissapointing).

I'm hopeing that someone can let me know the general concesus of spare parts in Australia, and if / how i can appropriatly contact Opel regarding this long and frustrating process.

Your feedback on this would be great everyone.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate,

Sorry to hear. And I am an disheartened to hear this being an OPC owner myself.
    Call Holden Customer Care 1800 033 349 (Opels support line has been killed and merged in with Holden) and raise this asap.
    They are required by law to keep spare parts in stock for 10 years from end of production. Yes this sometimes means waiting for them to arrive from overseas but I would be questioning why a NEW car doesn't have spare parts available somewhere in the country.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eddysdaman Click here to enlarge
    Hi mate,

Sorry to hear. And I am an disheartened to hear this being an OPC owner myself.
    Call Holden Customer Care 1800 033 349 (Opels support line has been killed and merged in with Holden) and raise this asap.
    They are required by law to keep spare parts in stock for 10 years from end of production. Yes this sometimes means waiting for them to arrive from overseas but I would be questioning why a NEW car doesn't have spare parts available somewhere in the country.

Hi Bud,
    Thanks so much for your guidance.. i'll get on to this today and see where it leads me. It was terrible to know that the place of purchase (Holden Dealer) have already told me that they can't do nothing. I'll see what the Care Centre says, and i'll let you know.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eddysdaman Click here to enlarge
    Call Holden Customer Care 1800 033 349 (Opels support line has been killed and merged in with Holden) and raise this asap. They are required by law to keep spare parts in stock for 10 years from end of production. Yes this sometimes means waiting for them to arrive from overseas but I would be questioning why a NEW car doesn't have spare parts available somewhere in the country.
    What Eddy said. I would really put my foot down here as they are indeed in breach of the law (and their own promise when they closed down.....)
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    What Eddy said. I would really put my foot down here as they are indeed in breach of the law (and their own promise when they closed down.....)
    its not only opel that holden has problem has getting parts, my mate who owns a panel shop next to a holden centre had to wait 5 months for some current model cruze door skins and bonnet
    and that was a brand new one that was not even sold yet, if the car is getting repaired under insurance part do take longer to get here as insurance companies don't pay for freight
    that's one big hold up a lot of cars have, they just get put on the stock orders, holden are required to keep spare parts in stock which is just the normal service parts and replacement parts
    Last edited by hazrd; 24th April 2014 at 12:52 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am finding a problem getting coolant hoses for my Astra H, again Holden say not longer available. they do breach the laws by not being able to supply simple parts but in my case i will get the parts quicker and cheaper form overseas than Holden so fighting is futile. There are a lot of parts available in the UK, and the supply takes typically 10 days.
    I have a Cruze and in the cruze forum many people have been waiting for parts for months, and the cars are under new warranty. despicable really.
    Here is another website where you can find parts: http://www.partsbase.org/opel/

My friend is restoring an older Mercedes, all parts are easily available for the next 100 years.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone!

First of all, let me apologise for not being online since posting my threads above... it has been months and I’m ashamed Click here to enlarge
    Sorry.
    Let me thank you all, for the guidance that was given. It was a battle with both Holden and Customer Care for months, with no answers and nothing getting easier. My repairs took almost 4 months… and remember it was really only the back bumper bar and its steel supports from underneath.
    It was great getting back into it after driving around a couple of different loan BOMB’s. (1990 Magna, with cassette player, and a 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara), almost didn’t remember how to drive a manual.
    Since then I’ve just had bad luck and timing… trolley has hit my side door (slight dint – awaiting repairs), flying plasta debris on the freeway, has scratched and punctured the underneath of the front bumper.  all this within its first year.

And now last week… it really saddens me to say but I classify this as the backbone of my car.
    I’ve learnt that because the OPC shares a lot of parts with the cruze, it’s actually been noted that there are gearbox faults with these models. I’ve experienced a slight (clunking sound, like when you change gears too early and almost stall) occurring during all gear changes and even in neutral and applying breaks.
    I now need to change my cars backbone and some ribs as well.
    The list is as follows;
    New Gear Box
    New Clutch / Clutch Plate / Clutch Disc
    Front Diff / Diff Plates
    Fly Wheel

I wonder if anyone else has had this as well? Is it possible I just have a lemon?

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ouch that sucks. really, does a cruze have the same gearbox as an astra opc ?!
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No they don't they have a korean copy of the m32 or f17ect (yes it's as bad as it sounds) at least the ones I have seen. No drive line parts are even similar to a cruze.

Don't know who you getting your info from but it's wrong

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently so...

Really?? These are the details that I'm receiving from my Holden dealers (mechanic). As they have already replaced a 2 more before mine.
    I've also been in their presence when they have called GM here to find out other information, at least my Holden dealer mechanics are ok with the type of change.
    Last edited by REDOPC; 9th January 2015 at 03:35 PM.

Thread Information