Greetings

I have a question for anyone who knows something about setting up internet connections.

Me and the missus recently moved one suburb over at the start of the year into a brand new apartment building. In the 3 months since we have been trying to get internet with no success. every provider we have gone through ( and we have gone through every single one of them) all say the same thing.

At first they are all like "yes you can have this plan blah blah blah and yes your apartment is ready for this connection all we need to do is send out a tech to connect it all" Then we wait the 2-4 weeks for the tech to come out and we get an email/letter stating that "We apologise for the inconveniance but your apartment is not servicable by *insert establishment here*"

The only people who have come close is telstra who at first told us we were able to get a cable connection, then aparrently were the only block on the street who can only get adsl2+ connected,

then aparrently with mobile phone plans, previous internet connections, loans etc etc (all through seperate companies) me and my partner will have to get a phone line connected for 6months before they will even let us have an internet connection because quote "my credit history is bad (this i know) and my partner doesnt have a credit history (hardly believable due to having phone plans, internet plans, credit cards etc etc)"

The story keeps changing from each provider as we have called each one multiple times to confirm we keep getting different answers.

about the only consistant thing is were always talking to an indian no matter the provider we speak to.

in the apartment there is no rj6 ports (phone line ports) however there is a small cluster of ports housing an ethernet port (rj45), 2 coaxial cables (1x male, 1x female) and 2x tv antenna ports also male and female respectively.

Were about ready to give up and regretably we signed a 2 year lease on the place. Mobile broadband plans dont look like they will suit our needs as we both game quite heavily so 200gb of data per month would be the bare minimum we could scrape by with.

Any help is greatly appreciated, we would just like to make sence of it all Click here to enlarge

if anyone could shed some light on the situation I would happily grant you +1 internets, if i had internets Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!