Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New TS Astra... weird spec?

Hi all, recently bought a second hand 2001 Astra hatch (TS) and am loving it. I was wondering though if someone with a bit more knowledge than me on the options offered could shed some light on what its history might be because it seems a bit unusual.

It's a 5 door CD model with 120,000k on it first registered September 2001. It's badged 'CD' and has the standard CD centre console. It also has, however, full leather seats and door trims as well as cruise control. Previous owners were a 75 year old couple who bought it with 6000k on the clock so I doubt they've added any of these themselves. Could it have been a demonstrator? Or just a quirkily optioned example? Either way, i'm stoked!

Love to hear opinions, James.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Isn't it a CDX that you got ? That came with leather seats as far as I can remember.

When I bought my wife a 5 door CD in 2003, I was offered leather seats by the dealer. Not the factory ones but leather upholstered by a local company.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure it is a CD. Reason I say so aside from the badges is because it doesn't have the 16" wheels a lot of the CDX's had, no spoiler or unusual bodykit, doesn't have the climate control stuff (normal a/c) and weirdly has the fog light switch but no fog lights installed. At least I figure with that one it'll make putting them back in easier!

But yeah, i'm sure if whoever bought it asked the dealer for that combo they couldn't really have said no...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like someone has changed it for you. Sweet, wouldn't complain!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I know, cheering! Look forward to picking some knowledgeable brains here about jazzing up some other bits and pieces here and there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to OA!

Pretty sure the TS Astra was available in base-model "GL" and top of the range "CD". Leather interior was an option probably with series II similar to Vectra in the early 2000s. I remember because I used to drive a 00 Vectra "CD" 2.5 L hatch with leather interior. Lovely car, very smooth, sadly gone now.

The "CDX" designation was introduced during the AH Astra's run eg: CD (base model), CDX (leather became standard around 2009), CDTi, CDXi (around 2005?), SRi (introduced later, leather standard, downgraded to 1.8 L by the end), SRi Turbo. They had a '60th anniversary' model and 'style pack' (alloy wheels, fog lights but unpainted door handles) towards the the end.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CDX was the top of the range for the ts astras also, came with climate control, woodgrain dash, leather interior, heated seats fogloghts, electric everything also.

Probably a CD with the optional leather pack.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entry TS Astra was the 'City' and went all the way up to 'CDX'

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the TS CDX introduced later in the run?

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe a fusion between a repairable write-off CD and a written off CDX ?
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information