I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Rocker cover gasket 2004 ZC Vectra V6

Hi new to the forum and along time since I worked on cars. But my Vectra is getting old and has decided to leak a lot from the rocker covers. Any advice on where to purchase the gaskets/s and also should I do the plugs whilst i am in the general area?

My cruise control is also dead after a very bad experience with holden who had the car for 4 days charged me $1000 and still did not fix it.

Cheers Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've never had trouble with my rocker cover gasket but I would point you in the direction of Autovaux or Vauxhall World Parts. Both websites have been awesome to me (you do need to email Autovaux though). As for the cruise control, I have the same trouble. It's intermittent and random, it can go for months at a time without giving trouble and then go into full uncooperative mode for a while. I can't justify fixing it because the CIM modules aren't cheap and I won't go to Holden for reasons you've already experienced.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id suggest attempting to obtain the rocker cover gasket from Super Cheap Auto through their spare parts counter (you can search availability online)

From memory it shouldnt be too expensive (Worked there for 6.5 years Click here to enlarge ) also find a car that shares the same engine to help broaden your search as it always helps.

as for the cruise control I have the Barina SRI and mine plays up but ive found its due to the manual pedal being ever so slightly out of line from the brake pedal. all i do to fix it is use my toe and "pull up" on the clutch pedal and it works.

doesnt happen all the time either, (usually only after ive been running the car hard, and teaching the clutch pedal whos boss :P )

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wouldnt get a rocker cover from supercheap. Nothing against supercheap or any other parts stores but the aftermarket gaskets fail a hell of a lot quicker than genuine. Same with coilpacks etc.
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    I wouldnt get a rocker cover from supercheap. Nothing against supercheap or any other parts stores but the aftermarket gaskets fail a hell of a lot quicker than genuine. Same with coilpacks etc.
    Ive found it all depends on how much you spend. In the world of most consumer products (especially with automotive items) you pay for what you get.

e.g. That $30 ebay MAF will most likely fail because it will perform like a $30 ebay MAF

Thread Information