Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nick965 Click here to enlarge
    A lot of people had bad experiences with an Astra AH and wouldn't go near one ever again.
    How many of them are flogged out or not looked after?
    Not sticking up for the brand in any way, I agree that what they have done is a disgrace, but it shouldnt reflect the quality of the vehicle. There are two sides to every story. One being that ive owned 4 opels (two of them, Calibra's Click here to enlarge ), and not one of them were problematic to me.
    Last edited by hazrd; 24th February 2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Enthusiast lonewolf1983's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    most car people hate the TS's too - mainly electrical gremlins.
    Touch wood, mines been reliable Click here to enlarge
    Currently: '94 honda civic w/DC2 Type-R conversion - track toy

formerly: '03 Astra Turbo, FMIC, 3" TBE, EDS IPF, quaife LSD, KW coilovers, Wilwood 6pots etc

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    With talk of Holden now bringing them in, I would be interested to see what happens with their prices...
    Holden won't be bringing the J in, it'll be the next generation. the J has been around since 2009.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No there is talk about the current OPC and gtc coming in

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't cost Holden much to get the Astra J on the road, seeing as Opel already had to fork out for the ADR testing and compliance. The OPC possibly gives HSV another model it hasn't had since the Astra H VXR and given the Commodore is on it's way out, HSV need to look to cars like the Astra OPC (or VXR is probably what they'll probably badge it as) to keep going in the performance car market. The GTC gives Holden a three door in the same segment as the Cruze, which is a model the Cruze is lacking. Astra's diesel engines (if they decide to import them) are also far better than the crude unit that powers the Cruze diesel models. The main thing to think about, is that Holden have less than four years to get the right models in place to keep up in the market when the Commodore is gone. And there's no better time than to start than now.

As for the Astra J being around since 2009 (Insignia 2008 and Corsa D 2006), bear in mind that Holden's flagship is currently an update of the VE that came out in 2006, the Cruze (which shares it platform with the Astra J) has been in production since 2008 and the Captiva has been around since 2006. So, apparently when the car initially came out, doesn't really matter.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    HSV said they would never bring back the VXR when Opel shut their doors. But, this was before Holden announced their departure, so it may force their hand
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The people I really feel sorry for are those who paid full price for their Opel before the closure was announced. They have been screwed, and I think Opel/Holden owe it to them to do something to compensate them for the destruction of resale value that their abrupt withdrawal from the market has wrought. I'm not sure what, maybe an extended warranty, discounted servicing, etc.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nick965 Click here to enlarge
    The people I really feel sorry for are those who paid full price for their Opel before the closure was announced. They have been screwed, and I think Opel/Holden owe it to them to do something to compensate them for the destruction of resale value that their abrupt withdrawal from the market has wrought. I'm not sure what, maybe an extended warranty, discounted servicing, etc.
    I've been down that path with Opel customer centre and there is nothing, nil, nada, niks, zilch they want, can or are willing to do. According to them we must be "happy" that Opel arranged for Holden to take over warranty and service. A few weeks ago I promised myself not to write, think or speak about this topic anymore........ here I am making a comment Click here to enlarge Ah well, just hope that we're being treated fairly and honestly by the Holden dealers (for myself, if I'm not, they can shove that car ..........)
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    I've been down that path with Opel customer centre and there is nothing, nil, nada, niks, zilch they want, can or are willing to do. According to them we must be "happy" that Opel arranged for Holden to take over warranty and service. A few weeks ago I promised myself not to write, think or speak about this topic anymore........ here I am making a comment Click here to enlarge Ah well, just hope that we're being treated fairly and honestly by the Holden dealers (for myself, if I'm not, they can shove that car ..........)
    Are you sure you contacted Opel and not Hyundai? Sounds something like their "customer service" would pull.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Are you sure you contacted Opel and not Hyundai? Sounds something like their "customer service" would pull.
    Click here to enlarge
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information