Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm new here, please be nice Zoom's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gman Click here to enlarge
    I have seen first hand the heavy handed efforts of unions on work sites and at the container terminals.
    I have too Gman.

I was in the middle of a plant development for a NZ company setting up in Laveton Victoria, they end up going off shore because the unions cost them 20 million in loss, during a new beverage plant installation, all due to union stoppages. They cut their costs and left Australia. ****ing sad stuff.

I am currently in the middle of software developments for Patricks at the Sydney Port Botany, who are getting rid of most of the wharf jobs and unions and replacing it all with a fully automated robotic wharf. My company is developing the plant wide software project. You wouldn't believe the union debacle going on there. It has to happen to remain competitive. Here is whats replacing their jobs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpmq...YL4N3jKnkZpPY8
    2013 Insignia OPC: 240kw V6 Turbo . 4WD . Recaro Seats . Brembo Brakes . 20in Rims . 255/35 Pirelli Pzero Rubber . Adaptive suspension . Remus Exhaust System . Adaptive Bi Xenon Headlamps . Leather Trim . Driver Memory . Adaptive Flexdrive Chassis . 0-100kph in 6.0 sec . Top Speed 270kph.

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not surprised...The amount of stuff that went "missing" off the wharfs and the shear number of employee unions required was INSANE!!!!! I know a guy whose father was a "wharfie", with overtime and penalties he was taking hone $200K+/annum...That's simply unsustainable...Finally it seems what goes around comes around....
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gman Click here to enlarge
    Not surprised...The amount of stuff that went "missing" off the wharfs and the shear number of employee unions required was INSANE!!!!! I know a guy whose father was a "wharfie", with overtime and penalties he was taking hone $200K+/annum...That's simply unsustainable...Finally it seems what goes around comes around....
    I have it on good information that the saving per year to get rid of the "warfies" at Port Botany will be $600,000,000 per year. The project should be complete in 2016.

I have signed a declaration to withhold technical information. But what I am telling you is in the public domain, so all is good :P

BTW everything I say and do is monitored because I have MSIC access. So dont be surprised that because I am a member of this forum that all my posts, and everyone else's is monitored...sorry about that guys Click here to enlarge ZOOM gets kicked off the forum!......
    2013 Insignia OPC: 240kw V6 Turbo . 4WD . Recaro Seats . Brembo Brakes . 20in Rims . 255/35 Pirelli Pzero Rubber . Adaptive suspension . Remus Exhaust System . Adaptive Bi Xenon Headlamps . Leather Trim . Driver Memory . Adaptive Flexdrive Chassis . 0-100kph in 6.0 sec . Top Speed 270kph.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You aren't the only one with an MSIC so don't stress lol, I've done lots of work with Patrick's down here in Melbourne too and no1 has shut the forum down yet. Click here to enlarge
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    You aren't the only one with an MSIC so don't stress lol, I've done lots of work with Patrick's down here in Melbourne too and no1 has shut the forum down yet. Click here to enlarge
    Me too. I have spent a little time in those scary crappy Chinese built cargo cranes. But we wont go there Click here to enlarge

Thread Information