Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astra G Pedal Box Help

Hey guys..... Been a while since been on here, but need some help/advice.

So, I bought a pedal box last year from www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-pedal_dte-systems_pedal-box. The guys were really helpfully with info, sale, delivery, and right up to the point where the pedal box does nothing except put the car in "limp mode". I contacted them and they said remove and refit, drive the car, remove, drive, refit, drive, and all should be ok..... Wrong!

So i contacted them again, and this time they said "sometimes the pedal boxes need to be removed/refit 10-12 times before they work". So I tried again. Stood on one foot, rubbed my tummy, faced north whilst the planets were in alignment.....

Biggest load of bulls**t I've ever heard. I'm no electronics guru, but in my experience if something doesnt work the first 2-3 times, then no amount of refitting will do anything, it's never gonna work.

So, I contacted them again (2mth ago) to say the pedal box is faulty, and of course now I get no response.

Anyone had same probs with pedal boxes before, or delt with DTUK before???

Cheers, Z.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No experience with them, sounds like a faulty product. Post on their facebook page. If not, try to find a forum (like this one) which has their largest customer base. Could be a VW forum, BMW, anything. Put up a question and act innocent and say "what am I doing wrong" and let everyone talk you through fixing it. Then they'll tell you to contact DTUK and then say they won't respond etc. There might be some connections with them on other forums who will put a line out. It's a last resort thing.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    don't they tend to give an error sometimes if they are dialed up or set too high ?
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx aznpsuazn, will give that a shot. From memory they're active on a UK opel forum.

dutchy, yes it can/does but dialling it down "should" fix the problem (according to the manual). I've tried it on the lowest settings, and still no luck.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, been a while since I've posted (also lost my p/w and email, which didn't help).

Unfortunate that my comeback post is a negative, but bit of an update on the pedal box..... Big fat warning for everyone. Don't waste your money!

Have been chatting with the guys on AON, and even with all the glowing reviews from people, so far haven't heard anything from DTUK who are supposedly members on there. A couple of the guys have been trying to help, but it's looking more like I've been scammed on this one and DTUK are laying low so they don't have to refund my money.

Mecanical mods, and ecu retunes only. Stay away from the magical black box!

Thread Information