Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow110 Click here to enlarge
    Old man works for ford. Hopefully fingers crossed that they might get a staff price limited buy or something...
    And ill be getting the turbo one as well...
    I hope for you they do.
    But only the GT 500 would interest me. Approx $36 in the States a year and a bit ago when I looked. I am sure then there are options, but if the had a GT500 here for $45k I would be straight down to the dealer.
    Keeping my OPC though

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont mind having the baby turbo model. Im just about having the car itself than powah...
    Ill be keeping the corsa as well.
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    turbo est 45thou V8 est 50

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Silver Surfer Click here to enlarge
    turbo est 45thou V8 est 50
    Hmm, GT500?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think the four banger would be that bad. Seems like it's got a decent amount of power and it might result in a Mustang that actually handles. Having said that, at least they're using the NA version of the V8. Nothing against the FPV version of the engine, but you'd think an engine that came out at 307kw in stock form would've translated into a fair amount more than the 315-335kw with a blower attached.

I'm guessing if they do a GT500 or some other limited edition, it'll be supercharged and make some ridiculous amount of power that'll have the Greens up in arms everytime one is started up.

It'll also poses the question to GM, if Ford can sell the Mustang in every corner of the world, why not do the same with the Camaro? Oh wait, that's right. GM don't believe there's a market for anywhere else in the world for anything other crappy Korean-built econoboxes.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats one of the reasons why I like the four banger. Plenty of poke and room for good subtle upgrades. Yes the v8 is what heaps of people want, but peraonally a boosted 4 spunding like a jet taking off past other v8s out there wouod put a smile on my dial... :-D
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    I don't think the four banger would be that bad. Seems like it's got a decent amount of power and it might result in a Mustang that actually handles. Having said that, at least they're using the NA version of the V8. Nothing against the FPV version of the engine, but you'd think an engine that came out at 307kw in stock form would've translated into a fair amount more than the 315-335kw with a blower attached.

I'm guessing if they do a GT500 or some other limited edition, it'll be supercharged and make some ridiculous amount of power that'll have the Greens up in arms everytime one is started up.

It'll also poses the question to GM, if Ford can sell the Mustang in every corner of the world, why not do the same with the Camaro? Oh wait, that's right. GM don't believe there's a market for anywhere else in the world for anything other crappy Korean-built econoboxes.
    pffft...It would be more interesting if Chrysler bought over the Challenger or Charger.... @kabel ...thoughts on that?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Theo Click here to enlarge
    pffft...It would be more interesting if Chrysler bought over the Challenger or Charger.... @kabel ...thoughts on that?
    As much as I like the old and even the new Charger, still I'm one of those who believes a Charger should be a 2 door, not that I'd complain if it were sold here. Don't know if you've seen it Theo, but there's a white Challenger getting around Adelaide with black striping. That's one car that looks awesome in pics, but even more so in the flesh. I've seen it parked in the western end of Sturt Street, as well as around Brompton and West Thebarton.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by t20569cald Click here to enlarge
    Hmm, GT500?
    GT500 not confirmed. Only speculated
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    As much as I like the old and even the new Charger, still I'm one of those who believes a Charger should be a 2 door, not that I'd complain if it were sold here. Don't know if you've seen it Theo, but there's a white Challenger getting around Adelaide with black striping. That's one car that looks awesome in pics, but even more so in the flesh. I've seen it parked in the western end of Sturt Street, as well as around Brompton and West Thebarton.
    there are a number of Challengers getting around Adelaide...they will be easy to spot around March 28/29 this year at the All Chrysler Day

Thread Information