Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

DBA rotors to suit astra vxr no longer being made

Hey mates

I am in need of a set of rotors front and rear for my car.

Now heres the problem which won't just affect me, DBA are no longer making rotors front or rear for astra vxrs anymore. Due to them being so rare.

I have a set of DBA 4000 42034sl and 42034sr on there now which only have a few months left in them and standard DBA rear rotors.

I have spoke to GSL rally for last few months getting them to hound DBA to produce more but there is no definite answer on if or when, spoke to MRT, few shops in Sydney and Melbourne, also few local shops around northern beaches. Everyone seems to order through DBA when required for customers.

Does anyone know anyone that has some sitting around as floor stock?
    RDA rotors I have found very cheap $165 slotted fronts and $128 slotted rears. But will die after 1 session on track.

Looking in UK I have found EBC USR ultimax slotted fronts and rears good price but postage is up around £300 landed is $880 then courts slotted 16groove and 8groove discs is just under $1000 landed just for discs.

Which is looking like only option, unless someone can help us hookup some decent DBA rotors.

Cheers
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

OpelAus Enthusiast lonewolf1983's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    crap, kinda puts pay to my idea of getting the VXR rotors due to easy availability Click here to enlarge
    Currently: '94 honda civic w/DC2 Type-R conversion - track toy

formerly: '03 Astra Turbo, FMIC, 3" TBE, EDS IPF, quaife LSD, KW coilovers, Wilwood 6pots etc

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    thats a shame. I'm very happy with my DBA vxr slotted fronts. still have plenty of life left in them.

Will probably end up going RDA if DBA won't make them anymore.

I've got brand new genuine front and rear discs to go on when the time comes but they def won't last anywhere near as long as the DBA's do.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    DBA 4000 are great rotors always handle the punishment.

Thought I might have found something reasonable some DBA T2 street series front rotors on eBay paid for them, few days later got msg saying again DBA have no stock so got a refund.
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure what they do for the VXR, but I have a full set of quinten hazel on the calibra and they always pulled up well.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bugger I must have got one of the last sets of those t2 ones on eBay, they had to come from dba and fmtook about a month before they were posted so they must have been making them to order. May have to look into some apracing ones next time round

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    Bugger I must have got one of the last sets of those t2 ones on eBay, they had to come from dba and fmtook about a month before they were posted so they must have been making them to order. May have to look into some apracing ones next time round
    Yeah you might have got last set of T2 in floor stock eh, really want the 42034s 4000 T3s rotors demon tweeks has got them but shipping back to mother land where they were made

Need to search oz more
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of a pain.
    Have a set of new rears in the garage waiting to be installed,been there for a bout 5 months now,should have ordered two sets.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Following up on rotors

Tarox F2000 front and rear rotors are the pick so far. If DBA don't make a bunch next year

Quite a few shops in UK stock them and are highly recommended with many good reviews
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Thread Information