Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OpelAus Enthusiast lonewolf1983's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    welcome aboard, good to see another sri-t floating around Click here to enlarge
    Currently: '94 honda civic w/DC2 Type-R conversion - track toy

formerly: '03 Astra Turbo, FMIC, 3" TBE, EDS IPF, quaife LSD, KW coilovers, Wilwood 6pots etc

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i saw that. Im sure another set will pop up or i may find something else!

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm not sure where to post this and its been a long time since i posted as its been a bit of a hard long road for me.... Also not sure if this is right place to post and i couldnt find it in the forum????

Now to the description of whats going on, i was driving home the other night it was raining very hard and i noticed the lights were dimming so i went home.... about an hour later i had to go down the road, car started fine but after about a kilometer the headlights flashed on then off then after about another 100m the power steering failed... so i pulled over n checked under engine bay... all appeared to be fine, power steering level was fine batttery etc... started the car again and everything was back to normal, as soon as i put my foot on accelerator the battery light came on power steering died again and the odometer speedo and tacho died but heaad lights stayed on... Im like WTF!!!? so i drove car home and put the battery on charge overnight and everything is all cool when u start the car but as soon as put foot on accelerator everything dies electrically... then over night the battery drains to 0.5v so i bought a new battery now when the car is idling after a few minuts from startup the battery volts sit anywhere between 14.5 and 16.7 volts? im thinking this could be the regulator? but now even with the new battery my power steering odometer speedo and tacho aren working, could this be because a fuse is blown from the spike in voltage from what i think could be a f@#$ed regulator? any comments please?

Any help or questions to further help me would be greatly appreciated as this is really annoying me, Im so not up to date with how these new cars work?
    Cheers Graeme

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say the alternator is on it's way that's what I had happen to mine and I just replaced with a new alternator buddy hope that helps
    Click here to enlargeMatt Black Astra SRi Turbo Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boorny88 Click here to enlarge
    haha guy is alwyas available for me haha
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    Opinions are like assholes.....everyone has one and they're all full of shit...Click here to enlarge

Thread Information