Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New member Perth

Hi all my name is Graeme I recently purchased a arden blue 2003 Astra SRI Turbo.
    130000 km black leather interior in nice condition mechanically so i thought, also average to good condition body and paint wise.
    I will add pictures in further posts.
    However I have a few issues which need to be sorted. I would like some help in locating some parts
    one being the bottom inter-cooler to turbo bend pipe numbered gm 90423615 opel / vaux 5835805 and possibly a better
    suited rocker cover gasket than the factory OEM one as i have a rocker cover leak.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am first timer in the turbo scene, previously I owned a 1987 vl commodore 5.0L
    EX PURSUIT carbie fed mildly worked.

Thankyou all
    recovery
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to oa
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome.

With regards to the part sourcing, we Opel owners have a strong preference towards Autovaux (www.autovaux.co.uk). Not all parts are listed on their site, but drop them an email and they'll find just about anything for you and often at a lot cheaper price incl. shipping than what you'd get them for at a Holden dealer too. eBay UK is also a good place to find odd bits and pieces. In terms of performance parts, Courtenays and Regal Autosport (both also in the UK) are places worth checking out.

With regards to the rocker cover gasket, I've heard that it's best to get a genuine one for the Family II engines. You may also wish to check that your rocker cover isn't warped either, as I know this happens a bit with the plastic covers. You could also bodge it with some Permatex gasket maker/sealant, but my preference would be to do the job properly in the first place.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to OA, I'll do a bit of research and see if I can come up with any thing for you.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's always the option of fitting a decent aftermarket intercooler, like the TX Autosport kit (http://www.txautosport.co.uk/mk4-ast...20let-58-p.asp).
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    firstly welcome on board and good to see another convert from the old 5.0l commodores to the opels , autovaux are excellent for the parts your after , you can also try lmf Vauxhall , also checkout Courtenay sport and regal for aftermarket goodies . look forward to seeing you at our next cruise

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard.
    Where abouts in Perth are you ?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you buy this from a bloke in mindarie?

Welcome along.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thank you for all the welcomes. Yeah i did check autovox but i couldn't find the part in there listing, however thanks for informing me that not all parts are listed. Ill slap them an email n see if they can help me out. I did find a pipe in some shop in russia for $127.50 AUD +postage but they have neglected to reply to my email even though i sent the email in english followed by russian. Yeah unfortunately the rocker cover and IC pipe have just been bodge jobbed by the car yard as its under warranty, they just use the red permatex gasket sealant and didn't even replace the gasket. even worse though to repair the split in the Ic pipe they just cut into two pieces inserted a steel pipe and secured with 2 metal locking straps. Click here to enlarge I called consumer protection and apparently this is considered a proper repair. i would of much preffered the job done properly the first time as well but being a stay at home dad atm is not helping the situation. Any help would be very much appreciated as im green as cabbage when it come to turbo / fuel injected vechile.

That TX IC kit will be one of the first additions when my wallet allows it, it looks like a nice lil bit of kit. All im really interested in doing is new ic chip/reset icu (remembering extra for new clutch also) zorst (3 inch dump 2.5 straight through not sure on cat or muff type tho), vxr? turbo n maybe injectors, diesel airbox conversion and not sure of what else, maybe a set of pentas! When is the next cruise in Perth? Kabel im in Seville Grove. ( basically Armadale Click here to enlargelol )

ChrisMaz actually i bought the vechile from a used car dealership in wangara but i do believe the previous owner was in the Mindarie area, i can tell you the exact suburb if i go look in the owner and service history as i have it all. I think it was in Tapping but ill check n make sure and let you know later! If so does this mean this is a previous members vechile any previous info about the car would be awesome.

Well thanks again for all the great welcomes it would be nice to meet all the WA members in person as i have many questions and it would be nice to see other astras to help get some inspiration for mine.

Cheers
    recovery

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were a couple of Arden Blue SriT`s floating around the Northern Suburbs recently.
    You just missed out on a cheap set of Pentas for sale in Perth from this forum by a few days. Keep your eyes open you never know what may come up !

Thread Information