Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Anonymous
    Anyone have any thots on the Bridgestone GIII s? I was thinking about using them for the next set...maybe 4-6mths away

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently have the Bridgestone GIII Potenza's R16/205's. They are nice and stick well, My car corners so smoothly (thanks to the Sports Suspension and Lowering) i dont think they warrant a $200 price tag each though.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KID_SRi
    P6000 to soft and just Tear chunks and the blow out the side walls
    That is so true. I used to have a set of Pirelli P3000 on my Hyundai Excel. I sold it to a work collegue (now it has totally crapped itself due to the fact that he hammers it like it has a sequential shift gear box.) But after he had it one of the tyre side wall had a massive bubble and needed to be replaced.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a set of Potenza GIIIs (205/45R17) for over 12 months. i am quite happy with them. Better grip than the first set of Falkens that i had and much less road noise. I've put on about 35,000ks in the process, and there is still plenty of tread left.

Anonymous
    hey prc33y, when did you get the G3s? I got mine 6 months ago and they were 185 each.. 205/50/16 without bargaining at all. I got them from bridgestone shops though.

G3s are not bad, the sidewall felt just right, not too soft and not too firm, though they were not as talkative in the steering compare with the pilot hx i had on the car before. They do wear fairly quick... I think mine is going to last only 20k, half of the ks was with konis.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the tyres at Tempe Tyres :shock:

The other tyre to look is the latest version of the Goodyear F1 (GSD3??)

The real clincher for the Precedas is that they do everything well and are very very quiet. Something the japanese manufacturers can't seem to get right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey all, still on tires... but standard cally ones...

Anyone know of a decent price/tire in either 205/55R15 or 235/50/R15? im running intermediates at the moment (they have 1mm tread in the middle and are feathered to the bs on the edges)
    ===============================
    Click here to enlarge

CALIBRA...
    Its not just a car,
    Its a way of life...

Troy
    1996 North Cape Calibra - C25XE (2.5L V6)

===============================

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

precedas

i got an even $200 for the Precedas from Bob-Jane Hornsby, but, wait for it, they said Michelin has run out of stock Australia-wide....but he reckon the price wouldn't change much if i can wait for the next shipment which will be 6-7wks...

i just think it sounded a bit dodgy...he might be trying to convince me of his good price, then luring me into other brands which he has stock availble....

i'm getting some prices on Falken ST115 but as i mentioned be4, i might just settle on A539 and save money and hassle if i can't get a straight good deal on the Precedas....

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got myself a set of A539's about 5 months ago and they do me real well. I was recommended to steer clear of the Bridgy Protenza GIII's compared to the A539's due to the road noise.

The road noise is pretty quiet with the Yoko's and hold nicely on corners...

If i could have a Japanese bride my Yoko's would be it! :twisted: Ha!
    Nick

MY03 - Astra SRi - Black...Sleek...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to get the Michelin Precedas at Wheels at Rockdale in Sydney for $210.00 each. Great Tyres !!!

Thread Information