Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on what you REALLY what, quite a few tyres that are very good in the dry, aren't that excellent in the wet... I've got A539's on my volvo and a few friends used them in teh past, while they are quite good in the dry, they really aren't that great in the wet, in fact, they are bad in the wet... I run stock P6000's that came with the SRi and they are the best wet weather tyre i've used ever, i've never had so much grip in the wet, although the tyres do wear fastish (10000k's and the front is 50% worn) but i attribute that to driving style mostly....

A friend run's some Toyo's (semi slicks- he does use them on race tracks too) and they grip like nothing else, quite noisy tho, and 8000k's if you are lucky the whole set is totally bald... so not the best investment. Faulken's i've used in the past seem ok, but in the wet, they don't sort of slip and then let loose, they just let loose and you're stuffed if your understeering towards a large concrete gutter... They are "usually" pretty noisy too and tend to tramline!
    I haven't used any of the other tyres listed, but ultimately, the better the tyre the more fun you get to have before sliding... However, they will always wear fast if you drive quick, drive slow and even a soft set will last you quite a while
    Aaron
    Astra SRi 2003
    Lumma Grill
    Headlight eyelids
    Colour Coding
    Turbo Mags
    Eibach
    LED dash/interior
    ICE Click here to enlarge
    *I choose to reject your reality and substitute my own*

Anonymous
    Personally, i stick with Yoki's (cept i have a pair of retreads temporarily on the back - money issue).

Have Yoki A539's on the front, and i love the way they feel. Handle really well and we well priced.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    update on tyre replacement:

a bit tight on $ after my very brief trip to Hong Kong and the resulting (inevitable) shopping spree...

was thinking of visiting hong kong's Opel dealer to pick up some nice astra accessories but was told they have stop selling Astra (probably until the next model arrives) and any fancy stuffs would need to be ordered by Germany...

anyway, no new tyres for the moment...now just need to take it easy on the goodyears and WORK HARD $$$$$

Thread Information