Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

replacement tyres, pls advice

looking for a set (4) of 205/50R16 tyres, currently looking at premium product to replace my crap goodyear ventura.

tyres i'm considering:

Toyo T1-S - $190 - apparently this doesn't wear well at all.
    Yokohama AVS ES100 - $195
    & various dunlops and Falkens.

i'm sure i can beat those prices if i look harder, but anyway i'm prepared to sepnd that kind of $ to secure a decent set of rubber.

any advice would be nice~
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the good deals thread. I did called up one place for a quote on Falken Azenis semi slick and the street version.. it came up around that $190 or so mark too.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up some new Michelin Precedas for around $200 mark.
    These are better than the standard Pilot HXs that were fitted to the SRI as as standard. Grip better in the dry and wet and are much quieter.

Anonymous
    Hey rjastra, where did you pick up the michelin from? 200 seems to be alright. The price i got quoted a while ago was 235 for 205/50/16.. but that was over 6 months ago.

Chenga, my friend got the yoko AVS ES100 a while ago and didn't like them. He said they were noisy and the grip was not that nice. Previously he had A539 and reckon they were better value for money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i ruled out Michelin preceda coz i thought it would be too pricey, now if it's around $200 i might well get them. Wheels actually ran a tyre test last year & had preceda on top, ahead of T1-S, A539, S-03 and FM901, n certain goodyear.

On the other hand, if i can't find a good deal around, i might just get A539 coz they're pretty cheap at around $170 a corner and i've heard quite a few good things about them.

Anonymous
    I recommend Falken Azenis RT215, But they do wear quick but the grip is some what classed as super glued to the Road. Azenis are Priced Reasonably as well, $190-$210(If ya know Some One).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

follow up

best price so far for precedas 205/50R16: $219 from, amazingly, Bob Jane Edgecliff.

i'd love to have grippy tyres, but i dun think i need "superglue" stuffs like semi slick ST215, especially considering the wear factor.

anyone wif any experience of ST115?

Anonymous
    The ST115 is still a Good All Rounder, Better for Road use and wet Weather.
    I had them on my Gemini and they lasted as long as I didn't give it full Boost. Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want sweet tyres... get Pirelli P Zero Neros......you will basically be travelling on rubber bands though. Got a price a while ago at $330 per rubber band.

Cheers

Anonymous
    I've Never used Pirelli P Zero, But the rest of Pirelli Range is Overated and Over Priced for what they are.
    Pirelli P5000 to hard and wont grip even if they're ran lower Psi than Recommended
    P6000 to soft and just Tear chunks and the blow out the side walls

The worst tyres Ever:
    Nankang(Falken Ziex Z501 Copy). Out of Round and Blow Side walls
    Goodyear Eagle GSDII. Good for Burnouts if ya want a Tyre that last 10 mins worth of Smoke.
    And the WORST Firestone(Indy Pattern) They're just Shit.

Thread Information